Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i to begin phased reopening in November

Sep 24, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Thursday September 24, 2020 6:00pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i will begin a phased reopening on November 1 2020 following its closure on March 24 due to coronavirus.

In a statement, Disney said, "Given Hawaii’s recent announcement of a pre-arrival testing program for those traveling from out-of-state, we are working toward a phased reopening of Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa beginning on Sunday, November 1. And just like our other Disney destinations that have re-opened, we are using a measured approach that focuses on the health and safety of our guests, cast and community."

BrianLo2 hours ago

Positive Data! Alberta has quickly passed 85% eligible population receiving their first dose. The state of emergency occurring and the announcement of the "vaccine passport" rollout for 11 days ago and 6 days ago, respectively. We continue to see high bookings. In case anyone doubted whether passports would cause people to get vaccinated. Schools have only been back for several weeks, but many are now starting to declare outbreaks (considered >10% of the total school - not classroom - having COVID simultaneously). Don't ask why the criteria cut-off is so high. Yet it's already being met by several.

GoofGoof3 hours ago

Short term maybe so, but there’s no reason we can’t eliminate this virus. We don’t have thousands of deaths each year in the US from polio or measles (measles is twice as contagious as covid). I think we can and will get to a point where this virus is contained in the US. If we don’t have active community spread and cases are identified and outbreaks are quickly snuffed out similar to measles we don’t have to live with thousands of deaths a year. Of course well over 90% of the population is vaccinated for measles and polio. The key is getting to that level.

TrainChasers3 hours ago

It’s inevitable in the USA. Other countries are controlling it better.

Vegas Disney Fan3 hours ago

So sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I think this is our new reality, even with a fully vaccinated population (should we manage to get there) I’m afraid this virus isn’t going away and will likely result in thousands of deaths every year. Much better than hundreds of thousands but I think it’s inevitable it becomes an endemic.

Flugell4 hours ago

This is just so sad. Sending virtual hugs and a blanket of love from over the pond. Take care of yourselves.

mf197216 hours ago

very sorry for your loss. my condolences for you & your family.

mf197216 hours ago

was about to warn u that 2nd shot packs a punch. out of the 12 people i know who had moderna, 3 had none of the usual side effects. u should hopefully start feeling better tomorrow. hang in there 👍

StarWarsGirl16 hours ago

I'm so sorry. That's awful especially since your family did everything they were supposed to be doing.

helenabear18 hours ago

I am so very sorry. I agree all who can vaccinate should. Sadly I doubt dying kids will change anything. So sorry. Hang in there, you'll feel better soon.

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad18 hours ago

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I'm sending prayers for comfort for you and your family and for wisdom for those who see your story and finally understand how important getting vaccinated is.

GoofGoof18 hours ago

Sorry for your loss. 100% agree that we need to get everyone (or as close to everyone as possible) vaccinated.

Angel Ariel18 hours ago

Exactly. We have about 68% in my county with at least one dose (only 62% fully vaccinated). The remaining 32% in actual numbers is over 300,000 people. Of course that’s plenty of people to account for outbreaks. And we are, unsurprisingly, in high community transmission right now.

Christi2222219 hours ago

So here's a real world scenario that we have literally been discussing ad nauseam here. I don't think it will change anyone's opinion on anything, but I'm sad and aggravated and need an outlet. My mother in law just died of Covid a few hours ago. She is in her late 70's. Lives with my father in law in a senior facility in Oklahoma. An employee tested positive for Covid. I do not know the employee's vaccination status. The facility immediately tested the entire resident population. Both of my parents in law tested positive. Both of them are vaccinated. (No boosters yet.) No symptoms for approximately 5 days after testing positive. On Wednesday my mother in law was transported to the hospital. Today she died. This is why it is absolutely necessary for the entire population to be vaccinated. I am sick of hearing folks wonder why I care if they are vaccinated, if the vaccine is so great. Implying that I should then be safe regardless because of my magic vaccine I'm promoting. Ignoring the mountains of logic and data showing how their lack of vaccination affects others. Many many others! The folks fighting for "personal freedom" don't seem to care if the vulnerable in our society die. I think they misinterpret "freedom" as "right to be a selfish bastard who only gets the benefits from society while feeling none of the responsibility." Maybe they will care when the kids start dying? I'm losing hope.

DisneyDebRob19 hours ago

I had to copy each paragraph one by one because I couldn’t get the link to the article to move here. More studies, like we needed them, letting us know how masks help. Mask mandates may have been a flash point in school districts across the nation as students went back to school late this summer, but studies keep showing the policies are helping prevent students from catching COVID-19. Two Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studies released Friday found outbreaks and pediatric cases were more common when schools didn't mandate masks. One study of about 1,000 schools in two Arizona counties says schools without mask mandates were 3.5 times more likely to have outbreaks than schools that started the year with a mask mandate. Another study of hundreds of U.S. counties found an increased rate of pediatric cases in areas where schools didn't have mask mandates. Authors cautioned that a number of variables could affect the analysis, but the findings fall in line with what experts have long said: Masks provide instantaneous — although imperfect — protection from infection. "School mask requirements, in combination with other prevention strategies, including COVID-19 vaccination, are critical to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in schools," authors wrote in the second study. Outbreaks have resulted in nearly 2,000 school closures this year, a third study found.