Latest Walt Disney World operating hours update shows park closures extended to mid-June

May 21, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

The Walt Disney World operating hours calendar now shows the parks closed through June 13 2020 (previously June 7)

Walt Disney World Resort hotels and theme parks are currently closed until further notice. Disney recently began accepting hotel reservations for July 1, although as explained by a senior figure at Disney, that does not mean the park will be open at that time.

Disney Springs began a phased reopening on May 20 with a limited number of third party operated locations.

Article Posted: May 21, 2020 / 2:26pm ET

MisterPenguin2 hours ago

Bacterial? So it didn't start in a Chinese virology lab?

Ldno5 hours ago

So will WDW be the next to close?

disneycp5 hours ago

Just ignore them. Your point is completely rational, but some of the people on here just cling to their beliefs as hard as they can and then call you an idiot for disagreeing with them. You could give them ten different sources to back your argument and they would reply with one of several things: a) your point is invalid because (insert dumb reason here such as your age or your lack of posts on a Disney forum), b) but then why did you say (insert thing you never said), c) but that doesn’t apply to (insert scenario you weren’t ever talking about), d) *insert gibberish here* in the case of SirWalterRaleigh It’s pretty tiring honestly

LUVMCO5 hours ago

She's stated multiple times she works in Pharmaceuticals.

bdearl416 hours ago

Spread was a lot slower then. Compare commercial domestic and international travel for example. But still 1/3 caught it. Face it. Nature evolved the virus into a less deadly strain and we as humans developed T cells to fight it. It has to run its course. That’s all I’m saying. We can save lives. We can not impose our will to stop the virus. Mitigation efforts do not prevent death. They slow it so we can treat the ill to limit death.

bdearl416 hours ago

In general my point is being misunderstood. That’s what I’m saying. All i pointed out is mitigation does not fix the problem. It reduces the damages until nature takes its course. Yet I’m being told I’m wrong from all angles.

Sirwalterraleigh6 hours ago

I’m beginning to love this silly little boy!!! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2020/10/28/desantis-pushes-to-ease-travel-restrictions-from-england-brazil/%3foutputType=amp

Sirwalterraleigh6 hours ago

Who proposed that? Take your time

Sirwalterraleigh6 hours ago

Technology was pretty much the same in 1919 too... I find it convenient that individuals play dumb to the other options... “Huh?!? 🤷🏻‍♂️“

bdearl416 hours ago

I think you take it as me arguing against mitigation efforts. That is not what I’m doing. I’m arguing against if we all shutdown and don’t breathe on each other that is the solution. It’s simply not. The virus has to evolve. For it to evolve it has to spread.

bdearl416 hours ago

1/3 of people caught it. Yep sounds contained completely and wasn’t allowed to evolve. My point is you can slow it. You cannot stop it. The concept of eliminating it or waiting it out without spread are not options.

BrianLo6 hours ago

Random Pet Peeve time; It's great that the public has learned a new term "T-cell", but hearing it thrown around like some secret discovery is a half step above saying humans have an "immune system" and turns out it can fight viruses. Only slightly less funny when the world discovered and/or latched onto the wonder drug Dexamethasone. I certainly don't mind and kind of enjoy that the public is very engaged in a health topic... but there is a lot of parroting without much depth sometimes.

GimpYancIent6 hours ago

From the National Archives News: "Before COVID-19, the most severe pandemic in recent history was the 1918 influenza virus, often called “the Spanish Flu.” The virus infected roughly 500 million people—one-third of the world’s population—and caused 50 million deaths worldwide (double the number of deaths in World War I). In the United States, a quarter of the population caught the virus, 675,000 died, and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. With no vaccine to protect against the virus, people were urged to isolate, quarantine, practice good personal hygiene, and limit social interaction." Just the facts. The last sentence sounds familiar.

ImperfectPixie6 hours ago

Look at specifically what happened during the pandemic. There were two hot-spots. One handled it well...the other did not.