Disney announces more Walt Disney World Resort hotel reopenings

Jun 21, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Sunday June 21, 2020 5:32pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced more reopening dates for its resort hotels at Walt Disney World.

• July 10 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Disney's Pop Century Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • July 29 - Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • August 12 - Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Art of Animation Resort
  • August 24 - Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • September 21 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • October 1 - Disney's BoardWalk Resort
  • October 14 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

With regard to the hotels not listed, Disney has said "Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so. While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests."

These new reopening dates come in addition to the DVC resorts below which will reopen on June 22:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

TikibirdLand12 hours ago

We stayed at ASM on our last visit. Actually really enjoyed the room. We had a suite with a door to keep the kids out :rolleyes:. It's a bit of a hike back to the dining area. But, definitely not as bad as Jazz is! Having 2 pools to pick from was nice too (one was definitely louder than the other!). We had our own car. So, that wasn't a problem. And McD's was on the way to the parks! I'll have to watch for room reviews.

DisneyDreamerxyz13 hours ago

Happy re-opening day to Disney's All Star Music resort! The resort opens today September 16th for guests. Two buildings (Calypso 1 and Jazz 2) are closed for refurbishment, but everything else is open and ready for guests!

CaptainAmerica6 days ago

That "Let the Fun Be-Gin" is kind of cringe.

dreday36 days ago

(photo from Facebook! CSR-Gran Destino) Time for the wine!!! :D

DCBaker7 days ago

Here's his announcement (around the 3:15 mark) -

DCBaker7 days ago

Great news! "Yehaa Bob Jackson has announced that he will be performing again when Port Orleans resort reopens on October 14, 2021. According to Jackson, he will return on opening day and perform his regular hours. Jackson did say he had a previously agreed-upon engagement and will not be performing on October 16th, but will play on the 15th." https://blogmickey.com/2021/09/yehaa-bob-jackson-will-return-to-port-orleans-in-october/

dreday316 days ago

Just an FYI - Barcelona Lounge at Gran Destino has finally restocked the bar!!! It's been a coffee/light breakfast only place since reopening after Covid. I think this means that it will finally be open a bar again soon! (or they put the bottles out as decoration...you never know...) This is important because I'll be there in October. 😂

CaptainAmerica17 days ago

I thought people above the phase-out threshold didn't get the payment at all. I was close, so I just opted out entirely.

𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝𝙰𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎17 days ago

At my income it’s just a prepayment, no extra money at all. At many incomes there is extra money.

CaptainAmerica17 days ago

Yes, I was attempting to simplify but I guess I made it more complicated. Old way: $2,000, all at filing New way: $1,500/$1,800 now, $1,500/$1,800 at filling My main point was that the "...at filing" part hasn't gone away. A lot of people just assume it's the same $2,000 that they're simply getting early.

jinx840217 days ago

Correct. And it doesn't need to be paid back unless your AGI for 2021 is above the threshold.

peter1143517 days ago

I’m pretty super thats incorrect. My understanding is that the previous $2000 child tax credit was replaced by the the new $3000/$3600 credit. And half of that credit is being paid in advance monthly for the last six months of 2021

CaptainAmerica17 days ago

That's not my point. I'm not saying they expected to get 100% of their CMs back, I'm saying they expected to get something like 80% of their CMs back (they did) while being able to hire the remaining 20% (they haven't). That is not correct. The old child tax credit of $2,000 per kid is still intact. The monthly payments that people are getting is new money on top of that. They're not advance payments of the $2,000. ETA: This is imprecise in an effort to simplify things. See below for the actual mechanics.

Sirwalterraleigh17 days ago

Yes…what I mean is that those checks increase the tax burden if you take them on 4/15