Disney recruits the Muppets to encourage COVID-19 vaccinations in new 'Give it a Shot' campaign

May 18, 2021 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Tuesday May 18, 2021 3:03pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney Parks Chief Medical Office Dr. Pam Hymel has taken to the official Disney Parks Blog today to share an update on COVID-19 and to unveil a new ad campaign featuring the Muppets.

Created in collaboration with the Ad Council and COVID Collaborative, the 'Give it a Shot' ad campaign will be airing on ABC, ABC affiliates and social channels to encourage others to, as Pepe says, “give it a shot.” It’s part of a broader effort to spread the word to guests, cast members and the public about getting vaccinated.

You can read more at the official Disney Parks Blog.

Heppenheimer41 minutes ago

Blame autocorrect and clumsy thumbs.

AEfx1 hour ago

He was listing off basically every BS line, I kept waiting for him to give my favorite dumb excuse - "People are just ready to move on..."

Tom P.2 hours ago

I agree with you. But I can't help finding it humorous that you criticized misinformation, including confusing antibodies with antibiotics, but then confused patients with patience. 😂

DisneyDebRob2 hours ago

I’m just surprised the NFL hasn’t mandated vaccinations. They are using the “education and incentives “ approach. After last year I’m still wondering why with the setbacks they had. Not many but rescheduling has to be a lot of work.

Chip Chipperson3 hours ago

Damn, all this time drinking water was the secret to not dying from COVID-19 and nobody told us?!?!?! I'm glad this guy is here to set us all straight.

Heppenheimer6 hours ago

My experience overhearing weightlifters talking in gym locker rooms over the years is that the number who don't at least supplement with some kind of protein powder are few and far between. And that's just the legal stuff.

Heppenheimer6 hours ago

Whenever I hear someone say something like "build up my immunity", I ask, "OK, can you explain to me how your immune system works to fight off infections, particularly those caused by viruses?", dunderheads like this inevitably spew out a load of nonsense, usually mentioning irrelevant vitamins, exercise, and with zero understanding of the actual underlying processes. If they've passively absorbed any real information, they might mention antibodies (but often get them confused with antiobiotics) or T cells, but when pressed further, they have no idea what these actually do, much less how they get selected and differientiated. One year later and I've lost all patients with these meatheads.

JoeCamel6 hours ago

I wonder if his stance is the same for performance enhancers?

Polkadotdress8 hours ago

That seems to be the trend, as this NFL player is saying the same thing. It's so counterintuitive to all the vaccine efforts out there, as likely many in the public will follow his lead. https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/19/us/cole-beasley-nfl-retire-covid-vaccine/index.html Some highlights from his Tweet: "I will be outside doing what I do...I'll be out in the public. If your scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated. Point. Blank. Period. I may die of covid, but I'd rather die actually living. I'm not going to take meds for a leg that isn't broken. I'd rather take my chances with Covid and build up my immunity that way. Eat better. Drink water. Exercise and do what I think is necessary to be a healthy individual. That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best." OK then.

DisneyCane16 hours ago

I guess you could always get shots at a topless bar now it's just a slightly different kind.

Flugell16 hours ago

I totally agree with your first 2 paragraphs and have some sympathy with the delay of “freedom day” whilst other things seem to be allowed for corporate sporting events. Though personally I am relieved that individual freedoms are somewhat curtailed as I have no desire to attend such events, or visit pubs or restaurants at the current time. Loving the football on the TV though! Remaining in the U.K. at the moment and avoiding holidays abroad seems eminently sensible both for our citizens and those of the countries we may visit, though I agree very frustrating! I am aware of the financial hardship this may/will cause here and/or abroad but it is of lesser consequence than allowing the disease to spread again. However I disagree that I would rather be in the USA at the current time, not because I don’t love visiting the country because I do but because of the rather resigned attitude to getting people vaccinated indicated by some on this forum. In the states they are not providing pop up vaccination centres at the rate that we are as far as I can tell. Some states, it appears are resorting to bribery, which if it works is fair enough but we are not in that position. The people are still being vaccinated willingly and in large numbers. To wait an extra four weeks will allow those numbers to increase and should mean that the spread of infection can be contained more successfully. It is a tough call to make and I appreciate that there are diametrically opposing opinions. Just to make it clear, as far as I can the capacity and status of the sports events are explained here. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12332535/coronavirus-prime-minister-boris-johnson-extends-covid-19-restrictions-with-euro-2020-pilot-events-to-continue As for the Scots who chose to come to London for a football match they didn’t have a ticket to, words fail me as they would do in pre COVID times! Maybe a few more expletives now though!

GoofGoof18 hours ago

Whatever it takes 🤩

Animaniac93-9818 hours ago

You gotta take the vaccines to the people ;) "The health district and partners have sought to make shots convenient by bringing pop-up clinics into the community, in settings both traditional and novel — schools and recreation centers, a topless bar and the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign." https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/jun/17/nevada-to-offer-incentives-to-boost-coronavirus-va/

helenabear18 hours ago

My family no longer lives there but we still have ties through work. Absolutely devastating to watch. Felt so helpless during it all too. I might have sounded crass above, but it was said with sadness watching people suffer so.