Hong Kong Disneyland to reopen from COVID-19 for a third time

13 days ago in "The Walt Disney Company"

Hong Kong Disneyland has today announced that its park will officially reopen from its third COVID-19 shutdown on February 19 2021.

The resort originally reopened to guests on June 18, and was the second Disney resort reopening following Shanghai. The park then closed again in mid-July as part of an effort to contain rising COVID-19 cases, and then closed for a third time on December 2 2020.

Article Posted: Feb 17, 2021 / 3:52pm ET

fctiger9 days ago

I use to live in Tokyo and been to TDR basically every month and was still going even when I moved back to the states. But I haven't been there in over a decade now. Last year was going to be my first visit back in a long time. I was back in Hong Kong back in 2018 and was planning to go back once the castle opened. No strict plans just whenever I could swing going back and could go this year. I can technically do both in one trip just as long it's just a few days between both, but I think just getting into one country is hard enough lol.

Robbiem9 days ago

I hope things improve. I’ve been to Tokyo and Hong Kong and both are great places to visit as well as Disney, I’m looking to returning hopefully next year if i can

fctiger10 days ago

That's what I was referring to when I said open up. I'm really hoping with the vaccines that things could change by summer. I'm hoping to go to either Hong Kong or Tokyo frankly since I was suppose to go the latter last year.

Robbiem10 days ago

Hong Kong has very strict entry restrictions at the moment. Only residents can enter and then they have to isolate for three weeks. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/hong-kong/entry-requirements At the moment Hong Kong Disneyland is very much a locals park but I look forward to returning at some point in the future

fctiger11 days ago

I am really thinking of going back to HKDL this year IF things opens up again. But with the yo-yo effect happening everywhere, chances are most likely slim.

LdnoDec 02, 2020

Wasn’t there a celebration there recently? Oh wait!

IanDLBZFNov 30, 2020

On a similar note, Ocean Park will be closed as well.

GringrinngghostNov 30, 2020

Waiting for this spin from TDA (Team Disney Anaheim)

GringrinngghostNov 30, 2020

Their actions are when you have proper restrictions. It’s a tantamount game of whack a mole. You hit it once, but one the time elapses, it shows its head again.

RobbiemNov 30, 2020

When will Hong Kong ever get a break! Hopefully the situation gets better and the park can reopen and start to prosper soon.