Disney CEO Bob Iger will host a 'Town Hall' to discuss 'future building opportunities'

Nov 16, 2023 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Thursday November 16, 2023 10:21am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney CEO Bob Iger will host a Town Hall session with Cast Members on November 28, 2023, to discuss the "company's many recent achievements and future building opportunities."

Iger will be joined at the Town Hall by the four Disney segment Chairmen - Alan Bergman, Josh D'Amaro, Jimmy Pitaro, and Dana Walden.

In a memo to employees, Iger said, "As I reflect on the immense progress we've made this year and look ahead to the many opportunities before us, I'm grateful to all of you - the people of this great company - for the tremendous work you do each and every day to ensure we continue delivering incredible entertainment for our audiences, guests, and fans all over the world."

The virtual Town Hall will be held on November 28 at 9:00AM PT / 12:00PM ET, where David Muir from ABC News will moderate.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Sirwalterraleigh4 hours ago

…umm…

Sirwalterraleigh4 hours ago

Right…pull from inside a failing management structure… That’ll do it!! 🙄

BrianLo5 hours ago

I think it basically has to be someone with some studio experience. I’d prefer Josh stay in his role as there is about a 90% chance whoever would replace him would be a worse park exec. I don’t personally ‘know’ Dana well enough, but she seems to be the most likely pick in my eyes. With the most analogous routing to the roll as Eisner and Iger. This is also someone who has functionally had a career outside of Iger largely, riding that line between an internal/external candidate.

DisneyRoxMySox7 hours ago

You are not serious people.

Nubs708 hours ago

Someone with a ego that is satisfied with being the functional head of $DIS that does need to seek out his personal validation by masquerading as the lead creative of a single business unit of a much larger conglomerate. Stop seeking validation like Stuart Smalley.

Lilofan10 hours ago

If that's the case Staggs left Disney when the Board give him the big 🙅for the top job.

Sirwalterraleigh10 hours ago

You want someone with as much disgust for the parks at 70% of the overall revenue as the failed weasel in the sweater they got now? High hopes

lazyboy97o10 hours ago

Why do I have to have a preference? The best I can hope for is some unlikely indifference regarding the parks and delegation. That though doesn’t mean I should just ignore history. Staggs is one the biggest, unsung architects of modern Disney.

Lilofan11 hours ago

Did he get counselling regarding sexual harassment and alcoholics rehab?

Sirwalterraleigh12 hours ago

…oh boy Battleststations!!!

TrainsOfDisney12 hours ago

Would they take John Lasiter back?

Sirwalterraleigh12 hours ago

My contention is that the overall management of TWDC is the worst it’s ever been…and we can trace the steps how we got here… So how would promoting anyone from within put them on more stable footing? Must be new math

Sirwalterraleigh13 hours ago

Ahhh yes…the favorite boogieman…the office of strategic planning Two person team. Scott Stuber on the studio/ tv side. Molly looks way better on the red carpet than Willow

Sirwalterraleigh13 hours ago

It won’t be…but it’s a huge hit Seeing it an hour…me and the spiteful 4 other guys who lead the evil network bent on destroying noble disney. I’m the destro of the group.