New Disney+ series 'Behind the Attraction' will go behind-the-curtain at some of Disney's most famous attractions

Jun 07, 2021 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Monday June 7, 2021 3:15pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney+ will launch a new 10-part series on July 16 2021 taking a behind-the-scenes look at some of Disney's most famous attractions and destinations around the world.

Using archival and never-before-seen footage, we'll hear from key figures at Walt Disney Imagineering including Bob Weis, Jeanette Lomboy, Kim Irvine, Scott Trowbridge, Tom Fitzgerald, Scot Drake, Carmen Smith, and Joe Rohde.

Some of the locations and attractions uncovered will be Jungle Cruise, "it's a small world," Haunted Mansion, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disneyland Hotel and the castles.

Disney+ "Behind the Attraction," from executive producers Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Brian Volk-Weiss will debut all 10 episodes on July 16 2021.

Kirby863 days ago

Oh man that is not a good look for Disney or the production company.

DCBaker3 days ago

Thread -

doctornick22 days ago

I do wish the episodes were a little less Disneyland focused. There’s a bunch of times they could generalize commentary to all or multiple Disney parks but specifically say Disneyland this or that

Sir_Cliff23 days ago

After having struggled a little with the tone of the first 5, I watched the castles one last night and actually quite enjoyed it. Seemed like they had toned down the initial jokiness and I am also happy to see them move on from major attractions to topics like the castles, Disneyland Hotel, etc. Getting a little more into fan service, I guess! If I were advising someone to watch this series, I would probably suggest they don't start with the first episode on The Jungle Cruise as I did. Maybe I've just become numb, but I think that's the one where the attempted humour of the narration grates the most if it's not your thing.

Kirby8624 days ago

Just finished the it's a Small World episode (it really is just a Worlds Fair episode) overall I'm liking these episodes more than the first 5. Also it's good to see Carasoul of Progress get acknowledged by Disney in this series.

brb100625 days ago

Have to admit, I got surprisingly emotional when the female cast member at Disneyland Paris sung the French version of It's A Small World. That lady has a beautiful voice.

Animaniac93-9825 days ago

I've now watched all 5 of the new episodes, and I'd say, on average, they're better than the first 5. More interesting and less marketing. Shockingly, not once in the Small World episode do they ever mention the addition of characters in the late 2000s. In the Disneyland Hotel episode, they talk about the importance of Aulani's story not being about characters (can someone send that clip to Chapek?!).

brb100625 days ago

New episodes have arrived today!

DCBaker31 days ago

Kirby86Aug 11, 2021

The first 5 episodes were well made and I didn't regret watching them. My one complaint is Paget Brewster as the Narrator, her Jokes fell flat and the fake interrupting the Imagineers got old real quick. When she was just saying who was who on whatever attraction she was an okay Narrator.

Ghost93Aug 09, 2021

I like the series, but prefer the more mature tone of the Imagineering Story. I kind of hate the cheesy dumbed-down narration they went with.

Princess LeiaAug 09, 2021

Okay, happy my original plan is going to work for this! I’m trying to pace myself and only watch one episode a week, which will take me to the last week of September (I think). I’m going to Disneyland for the first time on October 4th, so this is my way of doing a themed countdown.

doctornickAug 08, 2021

Absolutely, but it's still good content for Disney+ for subscribers. And I like seeing the actual Imagineers be featured and get some publicity and credit for their work. Something can "work" on multiple levels including being informative and entertaining while also work as advertising.

Animaniac93-98Aug 08, 2021

The series was likely green-lit because they knew it would also be a kind of commercial for the parks and the Jungle Cruise movie. Disney can't resist the urge to sell, sell, sell.