The Walt Disney Company's 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders to take place March 9

Mar 01, 2021 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Posted: Monday March 1, 2021 3:08pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The annual meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company will be held on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 1:00pm ET.

A live broadcast will be made available on the Disney investor site available here. Due to COVID-19, Disney will continue to conduct its meetings virtually.

The meeting will likely discuss aspects of the company's theme park operations, and may offer some more insight into Disney's expectations for the pandemic through 2021.

MisterPenguin26 days ago

Crunchie926 days ago

Thats right, Thursdays. My bad. The NHL rights is very good though

the.dreamfinder26 days ago

That’s not even remotely true. Amazon now has exclusive rights to Thursday nights. Disney’s problem here is they’re paying more than anyone else and they’re only getting two Super Bowls, everyone else got three, and they didn’t get Sunday Ticket to drive people to ESPN+.

Crunchie926 days ago

ABC lost the NFL to Amazon mondays

MisterPenguin27 days ago

Oops, I didn't even check. Thanks for the info.

the.dreamfinder27 days ago

Unfortunately, it’s only Chapek’s prepared remarks. No embarrassing Q and A session.

MisterPenguin27 days ago

Transcript now available so one can read the parade of crazy questions with due diligence... https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2021-annual-meeting-of-shareholders/

AnonymousStitch31 days ago

When mentioning the 100 titles per year, I bet some of these unannounced titles would involve ones that were requested by customers such as new seasons or revivals of certain shows and sequels to movies (animated and live action). You never know.

larryzMar 10, 2021

Crunchie9Mar 10, 2021

My kid is getting older (10) and he LOVES Jurassic Park... I told him I would take him to Universal, but only when he’s older because it’s a “big boy ride” park. I said once he goes with me to Canada’s Wonderland and goes on those coasters I would take him to Universal. he cried on Everest Dec 2019

Crunchie9Mar 10, 2021

I think that’s the year SPACE 220 will announce its official opening for the year 2200

PhicinfanMar 10, 2021

somewhat in jest but.... Isn't 2025 when they will finally open Tron and Guardians and such.... ???? Just sayin

doctornickMar 10, 2021

So, not directly related, but not sure where to put it... It's exciting news that Epic Universe is back on and construction has started (or will start shortly?). Obviously, that's a few years away - I've seen early 2025 as an estimated date - but it's coming sooner or later. Given the construction timelines we see for Disney, that means if they want to open something around the same time to counter Uni's play, they'd have to plan/approve/start building in the next year or two. I can't image that they'd let Uni open up a new park without doing something in response. I hope this lights a fire under Disney, especially as the pandemic winds down and DL is slated to open in the near future. I wish we had a D23 this summer (as originally planned) which would probably be a time when they'd make some announcement. I guess we'll see...

the.dreamfinderMar 10, 2021

As far as KK and Lucasfilm is concerned. Isn’t it interesting that they never, ever blame the Chief Executive that mandated a completely unrealistic May 2015 deadline in Fall 2012 that scarred off KK’s top choices, Favreau, Bird and Fincher, so EP VII could coincide with a certain someone’s intital retirement date? Though she has to own killing Lucasarts and giving the game rights to SW to EA for 8 years, totally on her. But they’ve course corrected.