Latest Disney World operating hours update sees longer hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

Jun 25, 2021 in "Operating Hours"

Posted: Friday June 25, 2021 1:28pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today released the provisional operating hours at Walt Disney World theme parks through to September 11 2021.

Updated calendars today show the hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios increased to an 8pm close during August and September, up from the original 7pm close.

At Disney's Animal Kingdom, the hours for July have been extended to 7pm from the original 6pm close.

There are no changes at Magic Kingdom or EPCOT, with both seeing a continuation of early September hours into the second week of September.

You can view the most recent updates on our calendar.

RSoxNo11 day ago

I am anticipating 10 AM openings to be the next shift.

danv33 days ago

Same. Really hate these late openings.

DfromATX3 days ago

Personally, I'd like to see 8 am to midnight every day.

DfromATX3 days ago

I hope so. I'm an early bird so half the day is gone by 11!

wutisgood10 days ago

Or Disney should just have all the parks open as long as possible because they are some of the most expensive parks in the world with the most demand.

bee10 days ago

Personally I hope Epcot stays at 11am opening for awhile. You early birds get all the other parks, leave one park to rope drop for the rest of us! :joyfull:

dreday310 days ago

I think the fact that these hours are already posted open until 9 for MK, Epcot and DHS and 7 for AK bodes well for some later hours during the month! I mean, they almost always get extended on certain days. I will be thrilled if I get AK for 8 or later!

wdwmagic10 days ago

Yeah I wonder. I have my doubts. The 11am opening of the entire park plays very much into the concept of EPCOT being a restaurant and fireworks park in the evening.

helenabear10 days ago

I hope so. This is a massive damper for the way we like to do parks. Epcot is one of our favorite parks and the way they have it now just really sucks. By the time they open, we're ready to look for lunch and then take an afternoon break for the pool. This 11am sucked for F&GF as it was so hot for some in my party that we didn't enjoy F&GF much at all. Night hours don't help with that either.

Sirwalterraleigh10 days ago

If they don’t get a rationing system going…the hours won’t matter

JohnD10 days ago

Ever? Yes. We just don't know yet.

JohnD10 days ago

That may be true for the next couple of months. As of October, the hours are just shown out to 10/9 now, with MK, EP, and HS closing at 9 (except for MK on 10/5 which closes at 8:30, probably because of Boo Bash) and AK closing at 7. Hopefully, hours will be extended as it gets closer to October 1.

Nick_A10 days ago

I wonder if Epcot will ever return to a 9 AM opening for Future World?