EPCOT operating hours extended through July in latest Disney World calendar update

Apr 23, 2021 in "Operating Hours"

Posted: Friday April 23, 2021 5:10pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today updated the operating hours at Walt Disney World theme parks through to the second week of July 2021.

Updated calendars today do not show any significant changes during May and June (they were heavily modified a couple of weeks ago), but do offer hours through to July 10 2021.

The most significant update has been at EPCOT, which now sees a 10pm close through to July 10, up from the previous 9pm close.

However, it should be noted that the initial release of operating hours are usually provisional and likely to be extended, particularly across the busy July 4 period, which currently show only a continuation of the standard hours across all four parks.

You can view the most recent updates on our calendar.

wutisgood1 day ago

Or Disney should just have all the parks open as long as possible because they are some of the most expensive parks in the world with the most demand.

bee1 day ago

Personally I hope Epcot stays at 11am opening for awhile. You early birds get all the other parks, leave one park to rope drop for the rest of us! :joyfull:

dreday31 day ago

I think the fact that these hours are already posted open until 9 for MK, Epcot and DHS and 7 for AK bodes well for some later hours during the month! I mean, they almost always get extended on certain days. I will be thrilled if I get AK for 8 or later!

wdwmagic1 day ago

Yeah I wonder. I have my doubts. The 11am opening of the entire park plays very much into the concept of EPCOT being a restaurant and fireworks park in the evening.

helenabear1 day ago

I hope so. This is a massive damper for the way we like to do parks. Epcot is one of our favorite parks and the way they have it now just really sucks. By the time they open, we're ready to look for lunch and then take an afternoon break for the pool. This 11am sucked for F&GF as it was so hot for some in my party that we didn't enjoy F&GF much at all. Night hours don't help with that either.

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

If they don’t get a rationing system going…the hours won’t matter

JohnD1 day ago

Ever? Yes. We just don't know yet.

JohnD1 day ago

That may be true for the next couple of months. As of October, the hours are just shown out to 10/9 now, with MK, EP, and HS closing at 9 (except for MK on 10/5 which closes at 8:30, probably because of Boo Bash) and AK closing at 7. Hopefully, hours will be extended as it gets closer to October 1.

Nick_A1 day ago

I wonder if Epcot will ever return to a 9 AM opening for Future World?

wdwmagic1 day ago

Operating hours extended at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and EPCOT in latest Disney World operating hours update https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/operating-hours/news/23jul2021-operating-hours-extended-at-magic-kingdom,-disneys-hollywood-studios-and-epcot-in-latest-disney-world-operating-hours-update.htm

disneyglimpsesJun 15, 2021

We are pretty close to normal hours. MK and EPCOT will be more or less back to pre-pandemic hours in July (with exception days surrounding 7/4). DAK is 2 hours away from normal and DHS is only 1 hour away.

durangojimJun 15, 2021

Great news! It'd be great if they'd keep DHS open past 8. I'd love to get some photos of Galaxy's Edge at night!