Operating hours extended for all Walt Disney World theme parks this weekend

28 days ago in "Operating Hours"

Walt Disney Word operating hours have been extended at all four theme parks September 25 - 27 2020.

• Magic Kingdom gains an hour at closing  - 9am to 7pm
  • EPCOT gains two hours at closing - 11am to 9pm
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios gains an hour at closing - 10am to 8pm.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom gains an hour at opening and closing - 8am to 6pm.

View the latest Walt Disney World operating hours calendar.

Article Posted: Sep 22, 2020 / 8:13am ET

allymonkey28 days ago

This is what we run into. We aren't huge fans of most of the restaurants in MK or AK or DHS so on those park days we have dining reservations at Disney Springs for the 5:30-7:00 range. Just late enough that we can make good use of the park hours but not so late that it will be much past our normal dinner time we end up with a hangry child.

PolynesianPrincess28 days ago

Exactly, I LOVE me some extra park hours!! LOL but not when it interferes with my dining!!

EdnaMode28 days ago

I know they normally surprise us with some extended hours in summer and at holidays, but they're typically at the end of a day when the parks have a later posted closure, anyway -- for example, extending the MK close to midnight instead of closing at 10pm. That's not likely to interfere with dining planning. But right now, dinner plans for a lot of people are made fairly closel to park closure. They have to --because otherwise you can't eat dinner in the park. I definitely welcome the extra evening hours (THANK, YOU DISNEY!) but yours is a good example of how it can affect planning.

PolynesianPrincess28 days ago

We fly in Friday so this is nice for us on Saturday but we specifically booked Liberty Tree Tavern on Sunday at 5:50pm so we wouldn't miss any park time with MK closing at 6. Now we're gonna miss the whole last hour. Hopefully we can get a later ressie now!!

TJ Vazquez28 days ago

The good thing is there really isn't much to plan for these days. No Fastpasses to work your day around, even TS reservations aren't really necessary since you can basically walk up to most without a rez.

MansionButler8428 days ago

They have done this for many years. They simply cannot know it will be more crowded until a few days before, but at least they are adding hours. I doubt one extra hour significantly impacts anyone’s dining plans and there’s no FP+ or park-hopping...

allymonkey28 days ago

I think it's great that they are adjusting the times as needed, but it makes it hard to plan trips. As much as I love Disney trip planning, I don't want to keep remaking plans and reservations.

EdnaMode29 days ago

Thanks, I'll fix it!

techgeek29 days ago

Epcot is showing as 11a-9p for me on the app.