Operating hours extended at Walt Disney World theme parks for the October 1 start of the 50th-anniversary celebration

Sep 17, 2021 in "Operating Hours"

Posted: Friday September 17, 2021 10:33am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

In the latest Walt Disney World calendar update, operating hours have been adjusted for the October 1 start of the 50th-anniversary celebration.

With the start of the "World's Most Magical Celebration" less than two weeks away, this latest update is likely to be the final schedule change for the parks around October 1.

At Magic Kingdom, October 1 has posted hours of 8am to 10pm, an increase from the original 9am to 9pm hours. In addition, Early Entry for resort hotel guests moves the start time to 7:30am.

At EPCOT, October 1 operating hours are now 9am to 10pm, increasing from the original 10am to 10pm. Early Entry adds another 30 minutes at opening to 8:30am.

Finally, the updated hours at Disney's Animal Kingdom are now 8am to 8:30pm, up from the original 8am to 7pm. Early Entry means the park opens to resort hotel guests at 7:30am.

Operating hours for October 1 at Disney's Hollywood Studios remain unchanged.

In addition to the changes for October 1, operating hours are also available across all Walt Disney World theme parks through November 27 2021.

View latest Walt Disney World operating hours.

90s23 hours ago

Yes they do

Squishy1 day ago

Seems to depend on if Chapek is in the right mood at the given time.

aladdin20071 day ago

Do they even play that anymore? We heard none of it last week on the monorail.

Cesar R M1 day ago

SAM DID NOTHING..!!!!

Cmdr_Crimson1 day ago

In all the different iterations they always kept Jack Wagner's safety warning just listen to the start of these for example.. They can always keep the soundbite no matter what is happening..

mikejs781 day ago

Not just a Disney problem, but I suspect a lot of this has to do with global supply chain issues that are really beyond anyone's control...

mikejs781 day ago

Is it though? I could see a lot of people upset if they got rid of the iconic voice of the monorails for the 50th.. I mean, how could you have a different voice saying "Please Stand Clear of the Doors, Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" for the 50th anniversary?

Cmdr_Crimson1 day ago

Which is what is needed...

90s1 day ago

That will still require all new narrations on all transportation

ImperfectPixie1 day ago

We only go once a week...and I have to keep reminding the boys that any toy they don't want needs to remain unopened so I can give it to someone who wants it. I've got Bo Peep, Piglet, BB8 and 2 Dales.

hopemax1 day ago

I tried twice to get WDW Happy Meal toys. 2 weeks apart. I got Minions and Scooby Doo in WDW boxes, and now we've only eaten at McDonalds twice in a month instead of a couple times a week like usual, because I've been so annoyed. I probably should eat McDonald's less, so I guess the promotion worked, just in an unintended way.

Cmdr_Crimson1 day ago

I've already found a few in some thrift stores...You just have to look carefully for them..

ImperfectPixie1 day ago

Thanks for the heads up - I've saved a few of the toys for some friends who are collecting and have been waiting for it to end before shipping them.

Figments Friend1 day ago

There will be a lot more merchandise coming...this is only two weeks into a 18 month long promotion. The 50th Merch onslaught is just starting. P.s. - tomorrow ( Oct 18 ) is the last day to purchase any items related to the WDW 50th McDonald's Happy Meal promotion. -