Disney Genie digital assistant coming to Walt Disney World in 2020

Aug 25, 2019 in "MyMagic+"

A new digital assistant is planned to debut in late 2020 that will enhance the way you plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World Resort.

According to Disney:

"Disney Genie will make planning easier and more fun by providing customized itineraries geared to your interests, right at your fingertips – from a royal, princess-themed day at Magic Kingdom Park to a trip around the world at Epcot for foodies and even a perfect day for thrill seekers. Certain features of Disney Genie will also be available through your preferred travel professional.

Sometimes you may know exactly what you want to do, but may not know the best time or order in which to do it. You’ll be able to tell Disney Genie what you’d like to experience, and it will quickly evaluate millions of options to present you with an optimal day. And best of all, it’s flexible! If you change your mind for any reason, Disney Genie will re-optimize your day.

Disney Genie can also send you real-time tips and updates, including recommendations for experiences it thinks you’ll love, helping you navigate the theme parks with added convenience and comfort. If you don’t want to worry about making reservations in multiple steps, Disney Genie will even take care of that for you."

Article Posted: Aug 25, 2019 / 3:02pm ET

kpilcher17 days ago

This is a family forum. Don’t talk about that here. See a doctor.

LittleMerman18 days ago

The Subscription A sounds cool. I really miss the Disney Magazine so maybe this would be a digital version of that and the other elements (like the travel planner) would be extra features of that. The Subscription B Plan doesn't sound that cool because those extra features become the main part of that plan if there is no digital magazine. I would pay for the magazine plan.

Magic Feather19 days ago

Probably the branding drop that was penciled in for last November too.

lentesta19 days ago

I think it's announcements about what'll be available - Early Theme Park Entry, stuff like that.

homerdance19 days ago

I will subscribe for the month I travel, and that is it, no reason to have "perks" when they are only in park, or will be widely available after they release them to the "few"

HauntedPirate19 days ago

Hard, hard pass on any sort of subscription service. Stop monetizing anything and everything, Disney.

DomVF0719 days ago

I’ll be honest I’ve never heard of them before but because of this thread and @lentesta I just checked them out. Super easy to use and user friendly. Always considered myself decent @ planning these trips so never needed a planner but their data points on crowds alone is a welcomed addition for future planning decisions. Thanks so much everyone for all the great info!

HauntedPirate19 days ago

My wife would NOT be happy if the baguettes change at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie.

DomVF0719 days ago

Thank you so much for this. Given their track record I was concerned if this truly was a replacement for MDE what the interface would look like and how much they’d charge. I can definitely see them using subscription based servicing for the rollout.

LittleMerman19 days ago

Sounds amazing! I guess Disney wants their own official version which makes sense.

MansionButler8419 days ago

Panera Bread will be running the new Creperie and taking over at Les Chefs de France. At least the bread and Mac&cheese will improve. They will also be sponsoring the new MK 50th anniversary parade, “Disney Snacks on Parade!” where guests will marvel at walking Mickey Pretzels, Dole Whips, and hockey puck-themed burgers. ”Official Baguette of Walt Disney World Resort”

sublimesting19 days ago

And how does Panera Bread fit in to all of this?

nickys19 days ago

Touring Plans is a website that specialises in trip planning. It has a feature whereby you can either use their suggested touring plan or create your own. It then uses years of historic crowd level and wait time data to create the best route to take and how long it will take. It uses real time data from users already in the parks to optimise the plan in real time. @lentesta is the owner and brains behind it all.

LittleMerman19 days ago

Is Touring Plans tool in the Disney app or is that an outside app? I don't know about it, just curious.