Disney Park Pass now unavailable for all ticket types for the remainder of May 2021 at Disney World

May 24, 2021 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Monday May 24, 2021 3:41pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Disney Park Pass availability calendar is now showing no availability for the remainder of the month at Walt Disney World.

All categories of ticket type, which includes resort guests, annual passholders and regular tickets are all showing no availability for May 25 through May 31 2021.

Looking ahead to June 2021, there are signs that availability will become a significant problem as the month progresses. Seventeen days are already at capacity for all four parks for resort guests.

Disney is continuing to increase capacity at Walt Disney World, so more Disney Park Pass availability may become available over the coming weeks.

Disney Park Pass was introduced in July 2020 to manage capacity for the reopening of Walt Disney World following the COVID-19 shutdown. A Disney Park Pass is required before entry to any of the parks, in addition to having valid ticket media for the day.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Tom Morrow11 days ago

2023 was the first year in years where I didn't buy a pass because I got tired of the reservations. Last month I had family in town for a week at Disney and decided I might as well buy a pass again to spend the week with them, but was under the impression that the reservations were gone. Had I known they were still playing wildcard with what days need reservations, I probably wouldn't have bought a new AP.

lentesta12 days ago

Yeah, it’s been crowded with cheer groups from out of state lately.

Jrb197912 days ago

The easiest solution is to stop buying APs and stop going to the parks.

Tom Morrow12 days ago

Getting annoyed at how they're handling this. The "good to go" days change constantly. They really need to just eliminate the reservations or only require them at hard-defined times like this weekend, a holiday weekend, when crowds will obviously be high.

JohnD13 days ago

It's even a valid claim for the lower level passes. You know you're blocked out on already advertised dates. How is it fair you're still blocked out on the dates that are advertised as not blocked out?

Brian13 days ago

Well, the plaintiffs were correct at least in the sense that there's no material difference. Whether you're blocked out or lacking a reservation, you can't go to the park and make use of your pass.

JohnD13 days ago

That's the reason for that earlier lawsuit just after the pandemic. i.e. If there are no blockout dates, why is it some get blocked out? I know, I know. Disney would quibble with the definitions. That pass isn't blocked out. It's just that all reservations are full. Those who sued would say that is a distinction without a difference.

diggity1613 days ago

Yeah my level of annoyance is pretty high haha. I could understand if we had any of the lower tiers with blockout dates. But we shouldn’t have any imo. And tbh, we rarely if ever did in the past get blocked out. So it definitely changed with the new system

Brian13 days ago

It's just insane to me that a nearly $1,500 pass would even have reservation restrictions. For that kind of money, that pass level should absolutely be exempted from the reservation system.

diggity1613 days ago

Local with the AP Incredipass…I keep getting blocked out of non-G2G days. Happened several weeks in a row now. Also when using the desktop version, I’ve noticed it says Disneyland then refreshes to WDW. @lentesta curious if you’ve heard others having this problem or if you think Disney might ease up as they adjust to the new system. It seems they’ve allowed a smaller amount of reservations than usual to APs, but that’s just my guess. Never had this problem in the past

DCBaker16 days ago

The next batch of Annual Passholder good-to-go days has been released: February 27, 28 and 29.

Fido Chuckwagon30 days ago

Yeah, that’s what I meant. The “artificial” blackout dates they are creating for incredipasses by “running out of reservations” whenever they hit whatever internal metric they set for number of AP holders they want in the park that day while still selling day tickets.

Brian30 days ago

Well, the only difference in that proposal is that the peak periods would require a reservation, or just blocked out entirely (depending on pass "level"). They should really get back to the "spirit" of the reservation system and use it only when demand is expected to exceed supply. Most of the year, that's not how the system is being used.

JohnD30 days ago

I'll be going with a family who purchased FR Disney Thrills tickets who had to make park reservations. So whether I have one or a GTG, my park visit will match theirs anyway.