New theme park reservation policy goes into effect today at Walt Disney World

Apr 18, 2023 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Tuesday April 18, 2023 7:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can now visit the theme parks after 2pm without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom.

The new policy, announced by Disney in January 2023, is a response to guests' criticism, particularly from frequent annual pass visitors, that previous reservation requirements were too restrictive and inflexible.

Disney said in a statement during the initial announcement, "While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we realize our Passholders enjoy more spontaneous visits – and this change will make that possible."

The changes to Park Pass reservations effective April 18 2023 come just ahead of Disney resuming Annual Pass sales on March 20 for Walt Disney World.

Also new this week, starting March 20, Passholders will receive access to Disney PhotoPass lenses and one complimentary Cinderella Castle Mural of Memories experience.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

SamusAranX17 hours ago

Unfortunately, this is the result Disney wants. They hate AP holders

Disstevefan121 hours ago

I really hate the PPRs. Oh boy, if you are booking a stay on property, your should not need a PPR no matter what entry ticket you use, their systems are smart enough to figure that out. Pre pandemic our family held 3 platinum passes for many many years. The good ol' days are over.

CJ222 hours ago

Thanks Disney! Disney Incredi-Pass $1,449 +tax and I have to have a reservation to come even if I book a stay on property. I am taking my nephews to Disney and because they don't have AP, I could only book a stay with AP discount. No deal on tickets for them and I had to make reservations for my family but not my nephews. How much harder do you want to make it on people with AP. I will not be renewing the AP once it's up. Disney has made it clear to me that they want you to buy a package to visit.

Fido Chuckwagon1 day ago

Lol. I can't imagine these "good to go" days on days when any passholder can easily get a day of reservation at any park have any impact on guest behavior whatsoever. They are really stupid, and it’s a bad look for Disney because it makes it look like they think that their passholders are really stupid.

DCBaker1 day ago

Walt Disney World has added two Annual Passholder good-to-go days on April 22 and 23.

SingleRider3 days ago

The park hopping phone number also said MK was closed to hopping.

MisterPenguin3 days ago

It was intentional. They also stopped selling day-tickets to MK on that day.

nickys3 days ago

There was a recent pause in park hopping to MK. Whether it was a glitch in the app or not was debated but certainly there were notifications that hopping to Mk was paused. It didn’t last very long. I think the only other time was the day of the 50th, again at MK.

Patcheslee3 days ago

With park reservations dropped for some, have they reimplement phased capacity closures? We'll be arriving July 4th, and would like to grab a TS dinner in Epcot. Tickets for us is part of a package.

MisterPenguin13 days ago

The point being that MK has reached it max (the much reduced max from Christmases long ago), and that they're keeping people out -- APers who want to hop, and people buying tickets for MK for today.

Unbanshee13 days ago

That's separate from park hopping. Day tickets are more akin to a park pass

MisterPenguin13 days ago

Day tickets are still unavailable.

DCBaker13 days ago

The messages were updated around 8pm that park hopping to Magic Kingdom was open again (the park is open until 11pm tonight).

GhostHost100013 days ago

and Bob. Bob always wins.