Significant increase to Disney Park Pass availability as park capacity is boosted at Walt Disney World

May 15, 2021 in "MyMagic+"

Posted: Saturday May 15, 2021 8:36pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney's move to 3ft of physical distancing is already beginning to impact theme park capacity with a significant boost to Disney Park Pass availability this evening.

Earlier today, May and June had limited availability for both Theme Park Ticket holders and Resort Hotel guests. Now, both categories are showing almost complete availability at all parks from May 17 through to the end of June 2021.

As of writing, Annual Pass holders are not seeing any increase in availability.

ToTBellHop3 days ago

We went Christmas Week 2019 and had a wonderful time. But they were fully-staffed and had all of the entertainment running. This year, not so much.

HauntedPirate3 days ago

I never would, because I hate it when sardines laugh at how packed the humans are in the parks (and busses). I’ve been there before Christmas, in the 80’s and then again in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, and back then it was perfect for me (and then my wife and 2 young children). Low waits, Christmas decorations, sanely-prices Christmas parties… As such, I’ll never go during Christmas. My sanity is worth far more than that. ETA: My last trip with my dad was December 2007. I’m not ruining that memory by going anywhere close to Christmas these days.

ToTBellHop3 days ago

I wouldn’t go this year. They don’t have the staff to do this safely.

HauntedPirate3 days ago

True, sadly. I’m actually looking forward to reading about peoples’ Christmas week experiences in the parks. Having been there just before Thanksgiving, things were bad enough - Rise hit 4 hours several times, FoP was 2-3 hours regularly, and the mountain range at MK was usually 60+ nearly all day (when they weren’t down, of course). I can’t imagine what wait times will look like Christmas week. 😳

ToTBellHop3 days ago

Not really. It’s not like they will increase staffing to match the capacity increase. Godspeed.

Rich Brownn3 days ago

As capacity has been increased the no trams is really a problem. Its becoming an insanely long walk just to get into the parks.

disneygeek903 days ago

HauntedPirate4 days ago

I are the Magic!!!

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

But You Keep Showing ! Yeah…well looky there!! …you mean if I buy a day ticket…at about $180…that gets me to 7 pm when they shut er down for the $249 Mickey E-ride nights…then they want me?!? magic…is all it can be😂

Mander4 days ago

Our next trip is a long planned visit in April to celebrate a close family friend's high school graduation. It's our last shot at doing this trip with them, so we're going. We're also using tickets we bought in February 2020 that we never got to use. If it weren't for that I don't know if it is what I'd choose this year. The park hopping limitations are so frustrating. We loved opening a park for two hours and then hopping elsewhere for the rest of the day. Genie+ and ILL seem way worse for a group of our size (11 in total). When we started planning I figured we would at least be able to get some FPs together...hah! The loss of Magical Express was really annoying as it's just another unexpected expense for the people in our group on tighter budgets. We'll see how this trip goes. I'm trying to "go with the flow" but planning this one feels so much more stressful than any I've planned before. I'm not sure when we will be back if it doesn't go well- especially with how good Universal's prices are.

HauntedPirate4 days ago

It’s a Christmas miracle!!! 😂

DCBaker4 days ago

December Park Reservations for Resort and Ticket guests have been replenished this morning (the parks replenished on sold out days 20-21 and 27-31 are either EPCOT or AK) - Before/After -

matt91124 days ago

You and me both.

TikibirdLand4 days ago

Yeah, you listed many of the reasons why we're sitting it out.