Walt Disney World Annual Pass sales to resume in September with four new passes

Aug 30, 2021 in "Ticket - Platinum Pass Annual Pass"

2021 Walt Disney World Annual Passes
Posted: Monday August 30, 2021 9:01am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has announced today that it will resume sales of Walt Disney World Annual Passes on September 8 2021.

Walt Disney World is introducing four new Annual Passes, which Disney said will be "offering the flexibility and choice to meet guest needs, each designed based on Passholder feedback."

Significantly, Disney is making use of the park reservations system to offer between 3 and 5 reservations, depending on tier of pass. The inclusion of Disney Park Pass reservations appear to further confirm comments from Disney leaders that the theme park reservation system is here to stay.

Pricing begins at $399 for the Disney Pixie Dust Pass, and goes up to to $1299 for the Disney Incredi-Pass. Only the top priced Disney Incredi-Pass has no blockout dates, and is the only pass available to anyone (including non-Florida residents, and non DVC Members.) Mid-tier options include the Disney Pirate Pass and the Disney Sorcerer Pass - both have differing blockout dates and are available only to Florida Residents.

All passes will include theme park parking, but none include any PhotoPass services. "Water Park and Sports" and Disney PhotoPass Downloads add-ons will cost $99 each.

Perhaps surprisingly, none of the passes include Disney Genie+, the recently announced add-on to Disney Genie that allows access to some attractions via the Lightning Lane (replacement for Fastpass+.)

Current Passholders may continue to use existing Annual Passes as you do today – when it is time for you to renew, you will be able to renew into one of the new passes (at a special renewal price.)

What's New

Here are some highlights of the new Annual Passes:

• Hold More Park Reservations: Depending on their pass type, Passholders may now hold up to five Disney Park Pass reservations at a time. "bonus reservations" will also be added to the calendar from time to time, so Passholders can make an additional park reservation without it counting against their applicable reservation hold limit. Plus, when Passholders stay at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels, they will also be eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay – in addition to the reservations you can hold based on your pass type.

• Customize Your Pass: Choose different add-on options based on your preferences – from the Water Park and Sports option to Disney PhotoPass downloads. These add-on options will be available for purchase with any of our four new passes.

• Access a New Integrated Calendar: Planning will be easier with enhancements to the reservation system, including a new integrated calendar that lets Passholders quickly see blockout dates for each pass type, view available days and make, modify or cancel a reservation all in one place.

• Enjoy Passholder Perks: Passes will continue to offer benefits including the Park Hopper option, standard theme park parking and discounts on merchandise and dining. And, there will be a few special surprises throughout the 50th anniversary celebration.

Walt Disney World 2021 Blockout Dates

helenabear28 days ago

Probably not. It's part of a package which is why they claim we have to buy them in the first place. Rather annoying tbh Hard to know for sure really. There was a time when buying direct got you more people who went only every 2-3 years. Now with 150 min again less new coming in for that. Even a lot who go annually, might not go enough days to make it worth it.

pdude8129 days ago

Hard to say without a big survey. I'm a 2-3 times per year so AP for me. Mine have not lapsed since Covid

doctornick29 days ago

I’ve wondered how many DVC members are AP holders. I know many on this board indicate that it’s a very common thing but I’ve got to think there’s a number DVCers that only go every 2-3 years and the AP wouldn’t make sense.

Hcalvert29 days ago

Can the tickets you paid for be used toward renewal?

helenabear29 days ago

Since I cannot do the bus portion, I have some rooms booked for us while the band will be there - or traveling there. They plan to leave on a Thursday at noon. Bus 16 hours and arrive at AK or breakfast on Friday. Then DHS that day. Next day is MK and the parade. Sunday Epcot. Monday USF (one park, not sure which) which I can pull him from. Then they leave that night and bus back home. We'll fly down instead. This whole trip will be $1250. No money off for being AP holders.

pdude8129 days ago

If you're not Blue Card DVC, those AP discounts can make a bigger difference than you some realize. Even 10% off food in a number of sit downs in the June heat can net you another hundred bucks. For me the big savings is the merch discount as we buy entirely too much crap.

Hcalvert29 days ago

Just renewed our APs (Incredi-Pass level). I worked it out that I would be saving at least $1,000 on tickets since we have a 9-night March trip and a 12-night June trip now booked. "Saving" is misleading though because I really had no plans on renewing until I was notified of my son's band trip and priced the tickets and realized that I was paying about $600 more to get APs instead and then ended up booking those trips I wasn't going to take. At least I got a deal on BWV for both stays (~$300/night), but only garden view was available.

Hcalvert29 days ago

The band department haven't released any "official" information yet, so I have no idea of the cost involved. We ended up just booking the March and June trips through DVC (renting points) in the last week. I highly doubt we will be going in December since the prices are so high.

socaljoeybAug 22, 2022

With the cutover of the tickets reservations to the new system I could see AP sales starting again soon.

jaxonpAug 22, 2022

I hear ya.. On top of my 3 big trips I’d usually make a few weekend trips or day trips up from south Florida in the winter when I’m there. I easily got 20-30 days out of my AP the last 7-8 years of having one. My next trip to Orlando is for HHN and maybe a single day at Epcot for the festival and to check out Guardians.

zappyAug 22, 2022

We fall in the same bucket. Only two trips this year April and September. My wife’s a teacher so with summers off we would of booked July and a quick trip in Jan/Feb most likely. Until AP sales come back will keep it to the spring and fall trips each year.

helenabearAug 22, 2022

We just paid the deposit on our kid's trip in March this morning. We do only have March and June planned though. For now...

jaxonpAug 22, 2022

I'd plan three 4-5 night trips right now for next year if I could buy an AP but alas ...

larryzAug 21, 2022