Walt Disney World Annual Pass sales to resume soon

Aug 03, 2021 in "Ticket - Platinum Pass Annual Pass"

Posted: Tuesday August 3, 2021 5:03pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has announced today that it will soon resume sales of Walt Disney World Annual Passes before October 1 2021.

In an official blog post about the new passes coming to Disneyland Resort in California, Disney said, "for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month."

Sales of new Annual Passes were suspended in 2020 during the COVID-19 shutdown and have not returned. Guests have been able to renew existing Annual Passes.

There is no word yet on if Disney will offer the same tiers of Annual Passes, and at what price.

Disneyland has today announced a new replacement to its annual program called Magic Key with new limits on when guests can visit and increases to pricing.

wutisgood7 hours ago

Just a prank bro!

flutas5 days ago

So I did a bit more prodding and got the full story I think. They went to a ticket booth to upgrade an AP on the final day of the ticket. Everything went smooth, until payment time. They said the terminal said approved and they instantly got a notification from the bank that the transaction was processed. The CM then told them that the screen popped up a message saying to contact a supervisor. Said supervisor came over and said that the transaction didn’t go through at all and their bank had most likely blocked it for fraud. Then after paying a second time they noticed two pending charges and the supervisor had to manually void the first charge. To which they got told “up to 10 business days” for a refund. They then went to Guest Relations to ask about it and try to get the refund quicker. GR then dismissed the issue and said there was nothing they can do about it and that “these thing just happen some times.”

dovetail655 days ago

I never understood that. I run a small business and when I refund the client sees the refund within 24 hours. If the mistake is caught less than 1 business day then the refund happens the second I process it.

Muffinpants6 days ago

Just had to check mine. thankfully was not double charged.

Hcalvert6 days ago

I have been using my card from 2019 and no one said anything to me about it. Like you, my AP is current. I just finally got a new card in June since I renewed in person. I'll have to remember to switch them out.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords6 days ago

Immediate CC Challenge. Let the big Dogs fight it out.

flutas6 days ago

How about a new issue. Heard this one from a friend of a friend. Double charged while doing a ticket to AP upgrade (~$1500 in charges instead of $750ish). CM apologized and said funds would be back “in about 2 weeks.” Guest relations dismissed it as “something that just happens.”

MansionButler847 days ago

I believe if you miss 3 reservations, you will be forced to return your magnet.

pdude817 days ago

I believe wdw had similar penalties for ap when park reservations launched. Not sure if they are still in effect

techgeek7 days ago

I don’t disagree. But they set a precedent and they weren’t met with much push-back. Translating that revenue stream over when it became obvious park reservations were staying as the new normal was only a matter of time.

diggity167 days ago

I have searched high and low for this answer and can’t find anything anywhere that outlines repercussions for not showing up. It suggests canceling if you can’t make it, but that’s all I’ve found.

dovetail657 days ago

Not the same at all.

Sirwalterraleigh7 days ago

Yeah…that’s what I was confused about I had forgotten there were “no show” bans put into place for DL

techgeek7 days ago

We've had no-show penalties for table service reservations for years now, haven't we?