Wolfgang Puck Express permanently closed at Disney Springs

17 days ago in "Wolfgang Puck Express - Marketplace"

Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace at Disney Springs has permanently closed.

The restaurant abruptly shutdown operations overnight last week, and has had its windows covered, along with signage and menus pulled from the exterior. The restaurant was a popular fast casual location, recognized by frequent visitors as offering high quality food that was more like a table service restaurant at quick service prices.

Wolfgang Puck Express had reopened in mid-July following the shutdown in mid-March due to COVID-19. Wolfgang Puck Bar and Grill in the Town Center remains open.

Article Posted: Oct 12, 2020 / 2:49pm ET

thomas9988 days ago

I guess that explains why our local Taco Bell is so spastic on the amount of meat in the tacos, one time you might get a huge amount the next it was as if they forgot to put on the meat and overloaded it with lettuce.

thomas9988 days ago

Looks decent. Is the crust a crispy crust, flimsy or somewhere in between?

TrainChasers8 days ago

That reminds me of one of my first jobs. Chili and cheese on nacho chips, Fritos, hot dogs etc. I didn’t have a manager telling me anything though, I had 1 can of chili and 1 can of cheese and if people were buying lots of food I had to try to make it last! I guess nothing bad would happen if I said “we are out of cheese” but I always made it a personal challenge to portion correctly.

Lilofan9 days ago

Back when I was in school days I worked at Taco Bell. Every night the store manager weighed the ingredients in the hot line and the cold line in the kitchen. If us the staff were using too much ingredients to add to the tacos and burritos on certain shifts and not following corporate policy in the amount of stuff that goes into each food item, then we were told to skimp on future orders so the food costs that the manager would be held accountable for at the end of the week would satisfy his bosses.

thomas9989 days ago

Haven't tried Pizza Ponte, we've got a Blaze where I live and I've never been a big fan of it at least the one near me is skimpy on ingredients especially on the amount of cheese. It's a nice concept, but we have another pizza place close by the offer the same concept but with a wider variety of ingredients and that doesn't have cooks that act like they are paying for the cheese out of their own pockets. What kind of crust does Ponte have?

jkh366199 days ago

I have come to enjoy Detroit style pizza.

UNCgolf9 days ago

Blaze is average pizza. It's nice to be able to get whatever you want on it and it's ready quickly, but Pizza Ponte is better just at Disney Springs. Also, the NJ/NY pizza thing is funny; there's pizza that's just as good or better in plenty of other places around the country (and yes, I've had pizza in NYC multiple times). I suppose if you specifically want NY style crust it might be the best (although I've had NY style pizza in other places that was just as good), but that's not the best kind of pizza anyways.

Jon81uk10 days ago

For the price I loved Blaze, under $10 for whatever toppings you want cooked fresh in a couple of minutes. Its not gourmet pizza, but it is fantastic fast food and probably one of the best values at WDW for a meal. Mod pizza who offer the same concept have come over to the UK so I have been visting several times as I find them great value.

Lilofan10 days ago

I've never been to Blaze pizza but I heard some good reviews. Not on par of NY/NJ pizza quality " it's all in the water ", then again nothing is.

Jon81uk10 days ago

There already is Pizza Ponte and Blaze as well as several other places at DS that have pizza on the menu.

UNCgolf10 days ago

Go to Pizza Ponte. It's quite good, or at least it was the two times I went in January.

thomas99810 days ago

Maybe they will get a decent pizza place to replace it. Was never a fan, tried a couple of times and both times I think a good frozen pizza would have been better.