Salt and Straw ice cream is coming to Walt Disney World at Disney Springs

Jun 21, 2021 in "Salt and Straw Disney Springs"

Posted: Monday June 21, 2021 8:46am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Salt and Straw is expected to announce today that it will be opening a location at Disney Springs as it brings its hugely popular ice cream to Walt Disney World.

The Oregon-based company began as a small kiosk in 2011 and has since grown to include brick and mortar locations mainly on the west coast, including a store in Downtown Disney at Disneyland. Salt and Straw is known for its unique and creative flavors, including Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons, Honey Lavender, Pear & Blue Cheese, Arbequina Olive Oil, and Cold Brew Coffee Cashew Praline.

Salt and Straw teased an announcement last night on its Twitter account, including a picture of a Mickey Mouse-shaped ice cream.

Although not yet announced, we understand that Salt and Straw will move into the space that was planned for Ample Hills in the West Side, across from Splitsville with an opening in 2022.

wutisgood4 days ago

Yea ice cream for the store brand was under $3 for the standard large sizes honestly it seems cheaper than ever even accounting for inflation. At the same time individual ice cream places seem more expensive than ever.

aliceismad4 days ago

Dairy Queen is great too. Frankly I'd rather just buy a tub of ice cream from the grocery store. But if Cold Stones around the country can charge that much, I don't see S&S prices being an issue in a popular warm-weather tourist destination.

ImperfectPixie5 days ago

You should see the place near us... It's as if they're DETERMINED to put every customer into a sugar coma. Candy rims, full-size candy bars, cotton candy, syrups, add-ins...some of the shakes are bigger than a child's head. ETA: Hubby is dying to try it. I can't see spending $50 for a family of 4 to have ice cream. (Yup...those shakes are EXPENSIVE.)

wutisgood5 days ago

Coldstone around me used to be a bigger deal but eventually people got tired of the prices and just went back to dairy queen. Sometimes people just want to satisfy the sweet tooth without breaking the bank.

eliza61nyc6 days ago

I'm currently at Ocean City NJ went to an ice cream parlor last night got a double cookies and cream, 6.75 and the waffle cone was an extra $1.50. $8.25.

aliceismad12 days ago

The Cold Stone and FroYo places we go to fairly frequently are $6-$8 per person. I don't see these prices as anything out of the ordinary. S&S's flavors sound delicious.

JEANYLASER12 days ago

No Way! I love Ice cream really I do!

itsy bitsy spider22 days ago

Being that I'm a spider I'd be willing to try bugs. But I want the flies on the side.

The Great Gonzo23 days ago

You had me at Ice Cream... you had me at Ice Cream.

oogie boogie man30 days ago

Wellll.....Bill Walton played for the Portland Trailblazers, UCLA, LA Clippers and the Boston Celtics (located near Salem, Mass). Close enough.

TrainChasers30 days ago

I mean they have some points of view in Oregon... but no connection to Hocus Pocus :-p

oogie boogie man30 days ago

Crap, there goes my joke man. Let's just pretend then.

TrainChasers31 days ago

Salt & Straw is from Oregon.

oogie boogie manJul 02, 2021

Awesome blossom, I'm just hoping they don't force any California laid back, tie-dyed points of views.