Gideon's Bakehouse to reopen today at Disney Springs

7 days ago in "Gideon's Bakehouse "

Gideon's Bakehouse Disney Springs exterior

Gideon's Bakehouse plans to reopen today, January 14 2021, after temporarily closing for just over a week.

The hugely popular store originally opened just before Christmas on December 23 2020, and then closed on January 2 2021.

Gideon's offers a range of nearly half-pound gourmet cookies (including seasonal varieties), cake slices and coffees. The popularity of the store means a virtual queue is routinely in places and purchasing limits are in effect.

Article Posted: Jan 14, 2021 / 7:21am ET

wdwmagic2 hours ago

It is walk-up in person to an employee with an iPad.

Epcotfan212 hours ago

So for those that have done it, how does one join the virtual queue at Gideon's?

Zé_Carioca3 hours ago

I get that. They have non-chip flavors that you might like! No chips on their coffee cake cookie and that one was my favorite!

Walt d22 hours ago

They need to put a police station in next door. And they will never Close again!

hakunamatata22 hours ago

Until they put oatmeal raisin on the menu, I will pass.

UNCgolf1 day ago

I can just already tell I wouldn't like the cookies because they have WAY too many chocolate chips (or other types of chips for other cookies). I like my cookies to be sparsely scattered with chips as a flavor enhancer, not as the entire flavor. That's obviously personal preference, though, and not any objective indicator of quality.

ptaylor1 day ago

Both are extremely good. I've been through the entire menu now, and it is well worth the hype.

DznyGrlSD1 day ago

2 people? I ain't sharing.

UNCgolf1 day ago

I still think the cookies look bad, but the cake slices look fantastic.

wdwmagic1 day ago

And the Oreo cake. $9 per piece, but easily big enough for 2 people.

wdwmagic1 day ago

Here is the Double Frosted cake slice - Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana.

Zé_Carioca1 day ago

I finally visited and here are some takeaways if anyone was interested: 1) Distanced line outside 2) They only use virtual queue if the demand is high, the day I went they didn't need to move to virtual so you had about a 40 min line outside and this went on for until early afternoon when I left (I don't know if they moved to virtual later that day). 3) Only about 4 parties inside, distanced. There is a mini queue and then 2-3 cashier areas. 4) For those wondering how long people take inside, they serve the cookies fast but we had to wait a bit for the coffee. They also distribute menus while you're waiting outside and ask you if you have any questions before entering, hopefully trying to decrease the time customers spend inside deciding. 5) there are Plexiglas glass shields in the check-out area. 6) Workers use masks and face shields. 7) They are still keeping the door closed unless people are entering or leaving.

durangojim3 days ago

We had their cookies for the first time last summer. We ordered in advance and picked them up at their original location. I was in and out in less than 3 minutes. The cookies are delicious but there is no way I would spend anything over 15 minutes waiting for them, especially during the pandemic. Also there are many recipes on line that approximate the cookie quite well.

Tori3 days ago

I feels like I'm always behind someone that still has no idea what they want when they get to the register. Mobile order is the best invention ever. I hope Gideons take advantage of it soon.