Tiana's Gumbo among the new dishes at the returning 1900 Park Fare in Walt Disney World

Feb 27, 2024 in "1900 Park Fare"

Posted: Tuesday February 27, 2024 12:55pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has updated the 1900 Park Fare menu web page with more information ahead of its April 2024 reopening.

We still don't have a full menu, but Disney says that some dishes will be "inspired by Disney wish-makers, like Aladdin and Tiana."

According to the updated web page, you can start your day with classic breakfast foods, like Eggs Benedict. At dinner, get a taste of New Orleans when you try Tiana's Gumbo. Some flavorful favorites await you at breakfast and dinner alike—including the Grand Floridian Strawberry Soup and a carving station full of savory selections.

The menu also features kid-friendly options—like Mickey waffles at breakfast, as well as chicken, pizza and macaroni-and-cheese at dinner.

1900 Park Fare reopens at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort on April 10, 2024, with reservation beginning March 5.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Bocabear2 days ago

It would put something back into the Pavilion... Seems a shame to really have that one be a shell of what it was... And while not idea, they are already doing Aladdin and Jasmine meet and greets there... He would seem a better fit there than a 19th century American seaside resort anyway....

Chef idea Mickey`=2 days ago

I figured one of you guys would bring Morocco Pavilion up! Just keep the restaurant food Morrocain back there. I still think some kind of Aladdin themed resort would been fascinating. Never built Arabian resort on the monorail loop comes to mind.

Bocabear2 days ago

they can reopen the restaurant in Morocco and create a specific character meal for Aladdin characters...they already do an Aladdin and Jasmine meet and greet in the pavilion...so thematic integrity clearly is not an issue...

EPCOT-O.G.2 days ago

They were thinking this is a great way to cross-promote Disney+’s Tiana, which has been in production for years, has been taken off of the release calendar multiple times, and was apparently part of the background impetus for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Sort of like how Kenner produced action figures for the Robin character that was set to appear in Batman Returns, but was cut somewhere during production (but too late to stop the toy production)

Chef idea Mickey`=2 days ago

Where would Aladdin go though 🤔

Chef idea Mickey`=3 days ago

Wow!!* The way you put it together is so Beautiful. I would only just add Mary Poppins and Bert just because those two speak elegance and Grand Floridian pristege! No wonder the DVC building has the penguins fountain. It just feels missed not having Mary Poppins to me. Mary Poppins and Bert - for the adults

KDM310913 days ago

I do miss the old lineup; Anatasia, Drizella and Lady Tremaine are much more seldom seen, whereas I feel like Maribel and Tiana are thrown in our faces all the time. I also cannot fully tell from the pics but it seems the carousel theming/horses are gone from the restaurant? That's kind of sad.

Animaniac93-983 days ago

For me, it's the fact that the restaurant went from having 5 different characters for breakfast and dinner, to the same 4 at both. That's a bigger downgrade when it comes to variety IMO, and most of the characters were exclusive to this restaurant. I thought it had the best character breakfast mix before and enjoyed the interaction between Alice and the Mad Hatter. That's what people really liked about dinner with Cinderella's step family. Not just seeing them individually, but how they bantered with each other and other guests. Not sure if this mix will have that same energy. I would also say this feels like another Princess meal. Yes, Aladdin himself isn't, but his movie is a part of the brand and appearing in his Prince Ali outfit* adds to the royal affair. *which looks more like what is worn in the Broadway show than the movie, a change I never really understood, other than to make the costume "fancier". The live action remake did a better job of having something that resembled the original, but with greater detail

MisterPenguin3 days ago

The secret ingredient is child labor.

DisneyDodo3 days ago

To save money, Disney is using one of the TBA animatronics in this location until the ride opens. There have been several reports of guests getting confused by Tiana responding to picture/autograph requests with “Oh my, my Mardi Gras party is starting soon and I don’t even have a band! Can y’all join me on an adventure through the bayou and help me find some musical critters?”

flyerjab4 days ago

You don’t. Your standards aren’t lower than other people’s standards on the forums. Your standards are your own just like I have my own. They aren’t better or smarter or have better culinary intellect. My time at WDW is closing in on two decades. One thing IMHO that has done nothing but improve during that time is the food. I recall our trip in 2009, thinking “this is it? Burgers, pizza, fries?” With our trips today, food is one of the things I look forward to. Topolino’s, 3 Bridges, Toledo’s, The Boathouse, Narcoossee’s, Geyser Point, Citricos, Flying Fish, pretty much the entire Landing at Disney Springs, Tiffins/Nomad Lounge, Satu’li Canteen, Brown Derby, Yak and Yeti, Jiko and Boma at AKL, California Grill, Epcot’s festival booths - I could literally go on and on. The breadth, depth, variety and overall improvement of the culinary scene at WDW is fantastic. Others may differ on this matter - it is a free world after all - but I agree with you on this.

Tom P.4 days ago

I guess I just have lower standards than most of the people here. I've always enjoyed the character meals, and I actually enjoy the food at WDW. I've never thought of it as "mediocre at best" as most people around here seem to.

AJT6074 days ago

Asha belongs in this restaurant (at least with the theme they currently have going for them)... and it is a shame that she isn't there. At the prices they are charging, I think they could certainly be including a fifth character here like they do at a few other character dining locations - and it would more easily command the premium they are charging at Grand Floridian to eat in a glorified conference center ballroom. I'm sure she was originally intended to be here and they backtracked because of the box office performance. I don't have a problem with the other characters and think it is a very nice, refreshing variety - even though I agree with previous posters that Mirabel is the most off-theme of the bunch. I watched some videos of Tiana in her adventuring costume from opening day, and I'm not certain whether it was the performer's style - or if it was directed - but it looked like her mannerisms were very similar to those of an audio-animatronic. She did a lot of short sequences followed by a "frozen" pose and robotic-looking arm movements. Whether it was intentional or not, it was cringe-worthy to watch.

James Alucobond4 days ago

If you're looking for pure variety, it's actually not terrible. It's just that most would prefer the characters have both something to do with one another and something to do with the resort. Like, having the whole Madrigal family at a Coronado Springs restaurant would feel way more interesting and unique.