Update on Rise of the Resistance boarding groups including changes to return window

Jan 27, 2020 in "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance"

Posted: Monday January 27, 2020 9:15am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

This past weekend saw an adjustment to the board group return window for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Previously, once a boarding group was called, there would be a two hour return window. That has now been changed in some cases to a one hour return window. It is worth paying close attention to the notification that you receive from My Disney Experience to ensure you do not miss your boarding group.

Boarding Groups continue to be in high demand, with the standard boarding groups typically gone within a minute of the posted park opening, and backup groups reaching capacity within 45 minutes of park opening. Best advice continues to be to plan to be through the turnstiles 30 minutes prior to park opening, and immediately access My Disney Experience at the posted park opening time to secure a group. As always, you can stay up to date on the latest including reports each morning and throughout the day in our forums.

Interestingly, Disney appears to be evaluating the situation, and has been surveying guests to see if they prefer virtual queues, FastPass+ and a standby line, or standby only. This may not only impact Rise of the Resistance, but the upcoming Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

DCBaker1 hour ago

Groups began being called at 8:50am (1-7). Groups started calling ~5 minutes later than yesterday.

DCBaker3 hours ago

7am boarding group window was open for ~5 seconds.

HoustonHorn12 hours ago

I'm not sure what I'm going to do without my 6:00:07 email notification with @DCBaker's notification about how short the first BG drop was. Thank you for your tireless service!

Bullseye196713 hours ago

Thank you @DCBaker for all your hard work!!!

DCBaker14 hours ago

170 is the last group of the night, called around 8pm (1 group less than yesterday).

DCBaker20 hours ago

1pm boarding group window closed for new joins just before 2:10pm.

DCBaker20 hours ago

1pm boarding group window has been open for more than ~40 minutes - at 1pm, groups were called up to 59 (6 groups less than yesterday).

CumulusIsobar22 hours ago

Yes thank you, @DCBaker! Your detailed reporting motivated me to make a last minute, out of state visit earlier this week BEFORE the BG announcement. I felt confident that even if I missed out on the 7 am window (I didn't) there typically is a sufficient buffer in the 2nd chance window right now. So happy I was able to get the trip in to enjoy this amazing attraction without wasting a significant chunk of the day standing in the queue. Thanks also to all those who shared advice on securing a BG.

Rockishcoco1 day ago

Oof rough day for rise. Never heard about the screen breaking down near Kylo. Actually kind of crazy considering it’s the backup if the animatronic goes down. On the bright side I’m sure they’ll be up and running again soon. (Unlike the last two artillery cannons 😓😓.)

DCBaker1 day ago

Groups began being called at 8:45am (1-7). Groups started calling ~15 minutes earlier than yesterday.

DCBaker1 day ago

7am boarding group window was open for ~6 seconds.

KevinPage1 day ago

EFFECTS UPDATE (from yesterday’s ride) Side AT AT path - Finn not working, just frozen in place & arm did not come out and fire - Final Kylo confrontation. Space battle not going on, just static ships (on your right). You hear the sound of ship being hit and propelling towards you, but screen is just of space. Once panel behind Kylo blows open it was just blank/black (no fire or anything). Those two things not working were a first for me.

DCBaker1 day ago

171 is the last group of the night, called around 8pm (3 groups less than yesterday).

DCBaker1 day ago

Yep - as long as they are from different drop time windows.