Adjustments coming to Star Wars Rise of the Resistance virtual queue distribution times

Jul 23, 2020 in "Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance"

Beginning July 24, the virtual queue at Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will change distribution times.

Currently, guests have an opportunity at 10am, 1pm or 4pm to request to join the virtual queue. Effective July 24, that will change to 10am and 2pm.

The virtual queue allocation continues to run out very quickly, usually within 30 seconds of becoming available.

Article Posted: Jul 23, 2020 / 9:02am ETR

DCBaker2 hours ago

10am slots filled in ~9 seconds.

KevinPage4 hours ago

I’m used to getting in the park by 9:20-9:30 and just sitting and waiting for the 10am frenzy, THEN getting in a queue for a ride. Now I feel like a sucker for not taking advantage of getting a few things done before that 😂

rustincohle7 hours ago

HS was always filling the cap, or coming close. They've definitely raised it.

AL2000HS9 hours ago

I don't think they raised the cap , it's more that they're finally filling up to the cap now

Ldno17 hours ago

yeah but for the first time wver i am seeing no parks available on the reservations map, can’t imagine how packed the parks are now this weekend especially

DCBaker17 hours ago

82 is the last group of the night, called around 7pm (25 groups less than yesterday).

Ldno19 hours ago

This is good to know! Should make the joining queue easier!!!

gorillaball19 hours ago

Much appreciated.

brettf2221 hours ago

I would suggest the Uber/Lyft. From my experience two weeks ago (at Pop), trying to get to any of the parks at opening was a nightmare via bus, as in people lining up for buses an hour and a half or more before park opening. With reduced capacity, if they got 15 people on a bus, they were doing well. An hour before park opening, there were over a hundred people in line for the MK and AK buses, which probably required 10+ buses to accommodate. Skyliner wasn't any help, since, even if they opened right on time (not guaranteed), and even if you got on the first gondola, you were now at the end of the line waiting at CBR. Uber/Lyft was the only way to guarantee getting anywhere when I wanted. Per @Magic Feather's recommendation, for DHS, I took a Lyft to arrive at the entrance to Boardwalk (specifically at the intersection of E Buena Vista Dr and Epcot Resorts Blvd) at 8:50am, got out at the intersection, and walked 5-7 minutes to DHS. They let people start lining up at the temperature checks at 9am or so, and let folks into the park around 9:20. I was able to get a ride on MMRR and Smuggler's Run before 10, then got Boarding Group 4 right at 10am.

DCBaker22 hours ago

2pm slots filled in ~7 seconds. Current groups called up to 43 (5 groups less than yesterday).

revancho1 day ago

Muppets is at 35 on a Tuesday in September at 11:38am. Such wonderful low crowds!

HauntedPirate1 day ago

Just took this. RnRC is 55, btw.

HauntedPirate1 day ago

My wife and her friend got a BG this morning. But she also said crowds are insane. An hour wait for the Skyliner at CBR this morning. I’m not sure if caps were raised, but where are the people coming from to fill them? You would think it would have to be locals but I honestly don’t know.

KevinPage1 day ago

Disney has made no announcements but I’ve gone to a park almost every weekend since mid July and gone are the 0-15 minute waits in almost all attractions. DHS rarely gets below 30 minutes (posted) for anything these days on weekends. Generally DHS is 30-90 minutes posted wait times all around. Heck, Muppets had a 30 minute posted time on Saturday. If I had to venture a guess Disney increased the caps AND people are generally more comfortable going out as time goes on, so you have 2 things suddenly causing crowds that didn’t exist a month ago.