Replacement for IllumiNations Reflections of Earth confirmed to debut in 2019

Sep 17, 2018 in "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth"

Posted: Monday September 17, 2018 3:06pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney has today announced a timeline for the replacement of Epcot's nightly firework spectacular IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Reflections of Earth will play through to the end of summer 2019, with the new show to debut immediately following the conclusion of "IllumiNations."

No other details were provided, but various sources have indicated to us that drones will be part of the new show, and expect to see familiar Disney characters and stories as part of the show.

Reflections of Earth debuted in October 1999 as part of the Walt Disney World Millennium Celebration, and carried forward the long standing tradition of the IllumiNations nighttime spectacular.

tparris23 hours ago

I’m almost certain they don’t typically turn on the full fountains. I’m sure they do something to mitigate the effects of possible misfire, but I don’t think they use the actual main fountains for that

Movielover1 day ago

I thought they turn them on before the show to wet down the barges in case of firework misfire?

James Alucobond1 day ago

They have also turned them on intermittently for RunDisney events and whatnot. Not sure if one of those is coming up soon that they might be prepping for.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

They're honestly probably testing it to test the well-being of the water pumps. They still have to be in good condition for a few more months

LittleBuford1 day ago

That's kind of my concern. What are they testing for if they intend to remove the barges altogether?

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

Maybe it's for that new show and they're testing it?

MagicHappens19711 day ago

I have seen this every now and then, it may be just for testing and what not.

LittleBuford1 day ago

I thought they'd abandoned this idea? I do hope this doesn't mean they're considering keeping the barges after all.

SplashZander1 day ago

Daytime Harmonious Fountains are on today

jrhwdw10 days ago

Hopefully by NYE! We have more time since Epcot doesn't have to worry about the POE Tag........

Squishy10 days ago

Any idea when the 2nd shell barge will return? It's still missing...

DisneywithNick18 days ago

It's now back to being that mutant Mashup of EPCOT Forever music with the random songs they added for Harmonious. Seems that the only new ones were the first two.

castlecake2.018 days ago

Is it any good?

DisneywithNick18 days ago

Either I'm absolutely off my rocker, or Harmonious has new preshow music tonight. It was running the old EPCOT Forever loop with a few songs changed out up until now. This is totally different. EDIT: The song "Fire Dancer", which used to be first, is now third. First 2 sounded new.