A piece of IllumiNations Reflections of Earth pyro launch hardware to be auctioned

Jun 04, 2020 in "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth"

Posted: Thursday June 4, 2020 12:03pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers is offering a piece of hardware from the former Epcot nighttime spectacular - IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Described as "12ft x 12ft Pontoon Marine Equipment, the barge will be sold through a timed auction on the RBAuction website. It appears from the website pictures that there are at least two available.

The "midi barge" was introduced for the Reflections of Earth show back in 1999, and worked alongside the existing "maxi barges" from IllumiNations to offer more pyro launch locations in the center of the World Showcase Lagoon.

Reflections of Earth had its final performance at the end of September 2019, and much of the hardware was scrapped. Some of the smaller pieces were kept, and are now being sold.

Figments Friend33 minutes ago

I am aware that this may just be a 'test phase' to get the juices flowing correctly before turning up the water pressure, but.... How anyone thought this was a good idea is a bit perplexing. -

SpoiledBlueMilk4 hours ago

They just need to call the barges the new expansion to World Showcase. Look, it's Atlantis slowly leaking and sinking....slowly.

EeyoreFan#246 hours ago

If that’s close the final product, I think it’s makes them more noticeable of how ugly they are sitting there. I give them until the opening, but it’s getting close.

UNCgolf8 hours ago

It's hilarious.

SpoiledBlueMilk9 hours ago

I just can't get over how the daytime video looks like the barges all sprung small leaks.

Figments Friend20 hours ago

Wow...just ...... Unbelievable. 😳 As in, unbelievably bad in so many ways. It does not matter how 'spectacular' this show may be at night time.... THIS right here is completely unacceptable for daytime hours. Just unbelievable. This nonsense *****s me off... 'Mistake on the Lake' ' indeed. @#**%^*!!! 😡 -

mnelson31 day ago

Exactly. I don’t know what happened to that. In the video preview you can hardly notice the lighting, and I thought it would be way more noticeable. I just hope Disney was not showing off all the effects in that video.

Vinnie Mac1 day ago

I think your ignorance is put on display for everyone to see here. Most Gen Z grew up on things that came before 2010 and anything up to 2015-16 (and this is honestly pushing the timeline a bit further than it should e pushed). Most TikTok users I see now are usually older people, so millennials or even Gen X or Baby Boomers. I just love how you're calling any entire generation dumb while also basing your judgement of millions (maybe even billions?) of people based off of a few social media influencers. Definitely no hypocrisy there. ;)

Captain Barbossa1 day ago

Yeah, I wasn’t referencing age being the thing that’s not much of a difference......

rreading1 day ago

I could accept something non-descript or something which were appealing, even attractive. However, these things look like no one tried to make them look anything but industrial. There are TVs for consumer use which have mirror finishes which come in frames to hide in plain sight. Clearly they are attempting to do so with their fountains, but the giant objects would be easier to hide were they less obvious

Inspired Figment1 day ago

Yeeah, the age argument is extremely weak as there are plenty here & in other places that are in their early-mid 20s (myself included) or slightly younger that genuinely love, get, and are passionate about the values & spirit EPCOT (and WDI in general) held & showcased in the past, aswell as the quality of the attractions from the parks past thanks to plenty of online documentation, recorded ride thrus, etc, despite not being born in that time period. The truth of the matter is, it all comes down to upper management and the way they market certain aspects of the company, take advantage of the simply unknowing or folks’ general nostalgia of the brand overall & good word of mouth & legacy of their past quality & legacy. And while yes, you can put part of the blame on the fact guests keep paying.. It still ultimately falls on upper management’s lack of care.. thankfully though, now there are a lot more people I think that are becoming more & more aware of the way the company is not honoring their golden values, etc. and are supporting the competition more & more instead. Despite the competitors not being perfect.. they’re doing a better job at upholding their standards & improving upon them than Disney is atm.

Sir_Cliff1 day ago

A lot of Grandpa Simpson energy on this thread.

The Empress Lilly1 day ago

On the bright side, the barge blocks off the view of Spacecube GotG, so it's a net plus!