A look at the completed central courtyard at EPCOT'S Morocco Pavilion

Jul 08, 2021 in "Morocco (Pavilion)"

Morocco pavilion central courtyard reopens - July 6 2021
Posted: Thursday July 8, 2021 11:28am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Work wrapped up on the central courtyard at EPCOT'S Morocco pavilion over the weekend, and we've got a look at the changes.

An all-new concrete design mirrors the shape of the central fountain and includes concrete of different colors, patterns, and textures.

The fountain itself has received some touch-ups to missing tiles.

Click the gallery to see more pictures of the new Morocco Pavilion central courtyard.

The area will be a lot busier next week as the Tangierine Cafe reopens July 15 as a Food and Wine venue.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

LittleBuford4 days ago

Thanks! This is good to know!

castlecake2.04 days ago

I think just general maintenance, almost every world showcase pavilion has been touched up over the last year.

LittleBuford7 days ago

Thank you!

DCBaker7 days ago

I'm not entirely sure, but here's the news article from @wdwmagic when the walls went up. https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/morocco/news/25mar2024-large-section-of-epcots-morocco-pavilion-goes-behind-refurbishment-walls.htm

LittleBuford7 days ago

I must have missed it, but what work were they doing?

DCBaker7 days ago

Scaffolding has come down and walls have shifted in the pavilion - photos from today. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53714197284_4c6877e676_o.jpghttps://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53714289510_ed2a546b93_o.jpghttps://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53712947387_9c0673b740_o.jpghttps://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53713861701_29106e1c3e_o.jpg

nickysMar 24, 2024

The company who were running it when Covid caused the parks to shut went bust.

Chef idea Mickey`=Mar 24, 2024

The company who operated went bust? I thought it was the country backing out, but that seems not to make sense since the Morocco Pavilion is the most authentic built by them which they would be proud of to continue. If it's all to do with one of the run companies can't Morocco have another run it?

TrainsOfDisneyMar 23, 2024

Eh… that seems to be a very one-sided way of telling that haha. Ideally, Disney would see the value in having the countries represented well. Compare the shops of China and Japan to Canada for example.

Disstevefan1Mar 22, 2024

We know that before the pandemic, the Morocco pavilion was leased to outside tenants and Disney kicked them out for not paying the rent when they were forced to close because of the pandemic. I we loved their counter service. We thought it was the best counter service in EPCOT and we loved the sit down there too. Anyway, I wonder if the construction is a sign there are new tenants or got the original tenants back?

LittleBufordMar 22, 2024

You’re absolutely right. As someone who hails from the other end of the Mediterranean and grew up eating food very similar to Greek, I can confirm that Moroccan cuisine is very different, which is hardly surprising given the distance involved (there are as many miles between Greece and Morocco as there are between the UK and Russia).

JohnDMar 22, 2024

Can't believe I was there Tuesday a week ago. We ate at Spice Road Table because a friend of mine loves Mediterranean food. We loved it!

nickysMar 22, 2024

I agree there’s a similarity in terms of the ingredients and general diet. I just don’t find the actual dishes much alike. Moroccan dishes that do contain meat for example often use it on the bone whereas I’ve not a Greek dish that does that. And Moroccan dishes seem to use more spices. Now I’m hungry! 😆

Eric GrahamMar 22, 2024

From the web...Moroccan cuisine shares several similarities with other Mediterranean cuisines.