Performances of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to be reduced along with changes to showtimes during Cinderella Castle work

Mar 04, 2020 in "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire"

Posted: Wednesday March 4, 2020 3:54pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Performances of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire will be reduced later this month as work gets underway on the new-look Cinderella Castle.

Beginning March 9 2020, performances will reduce from 5 per day to 3 per day. Showtimes will initially be at 5:15pm, 6:30pm and 7:30pm. An additional show may be slotted into the schedule if possible.

According to Disney, work will be complete by the end of the summer.

DoleWhipDrea2 days ago

Great, I'll never be able to unsee it... :banghead: I wonder if something got warped from the heat?

ImperfectPixie3 days ago

Very likely the mounts on the castle are dead on, and the ones on the back of the crest itself are off.

Captain Barbossa3 days ago

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the mounts are spot on and Disney screwed up the crest. Seems to be their style nowadays.

ImperfectPixie3 days ago

I dunno...that looks pretty dead-on to me. I really think the crest is crooked. Even the decorative molding on each side of the crest looks a little crooked.

Disstevefan13 days ago

I am hoping the person was just not directly in front of the castle and we are seeing an optical illusion. Worst case, no problem, just pull it off and replace the command strip. 😀

JoeCamel3 days ago

Take the castle crane and lift on the lower left support ever so gently........ Oh, I want video when they do it

Captain Barbossa3 days ago

@Splashin' Ryan hit the nail on the head. Due to the way that the mounts are installed on the castle, there’s no easy way to straighten the crest. But even if there was, they wouldn’t do it. It’s barely noticeable. No one is going to see it unless they’re standing up close (almost underneath it) while staring directly at the point. The 50 doesn’t look off at the slightest, even up close, and that’s the most important thing.

brb10063 days ago

Splashin' Ryan3 days ago

They won't be able to fix it. The piece was slid into supports that were installed months ago so the supports themselves are likely the ones causing the slight misalignment and therefore the supports would also need to be re drilled into the castle facade for a fix. https://blogmickey.com/2021/04/mounts-installed-on-cinderella-castle-for-disney-world-50th-anniversary-shield/

Elizabeth Swann3 days ago

And you can still see the stick thing on the top is tilted left

brb10063 days ago

Another angle

Andrew C3 days ago

It was dark outside. :hilarious:

Elizabeth Swann3 days ago

I am sure they will too I just think it is funny :)

Andrew C3 days ago

If so, I’m sure they will fix it.