New scene from Disney and Pixar's 'Coco' coming to Mickey's PhilharMagic at Magic Kingdom

Jul 01, 2021 in "Mickey's Philharmagic"

Posted: Thursday July 1, 2021 12:05pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

A new animated scene based on Disney and Pixar's 'Coco' is coming to Mickey's PhilharMagic this year at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

The musical number 'Un Poco Loco' will anchor the new scene when it opens to guests at Disney California Adventure park and Disneyland Paris on July 17, before being added to Magic Kingdom Park later this year during the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary celebration.

According to Disney, this will be the first time Disney and Pixar animators have worked on a creative endeavor where characters from both animation studios will be seen together on screen.

The film's original composer, Germaine Franco, has produced a unique 'Coco' score for the new scene in Mickey's PhilharMagic.

No scenes are being removed to make way for Coco, with the new sequence being an addition to the how.

Tomi-Rocket14 days ago

Very excited to see this new addition! 😃

Touchdown14 days ago

Well it is in Caribbean Plaza which was mainly colonized by the Spanish so it’s adjacent. It’s certainly a better fit then the NBC stuff that’s sometimes in there. There’s also a bunch of Coco merch in the Mexico Pavillion.

Prince John14 days ago

Well that makes perfect thematic sense.

champdisney15 days ago

Check out the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop next time you're at WDW.

the-reason1415 days ago

From the video it looks nice and I like it. As I've said before I'm happy that they are adding something and I'm happy that it is CoCo. I understand why some may think it's a little random, and I agree with that. But the whole show is just that, random. The only other song I think that could have worked would have been proud corozon. But I like it, from what I've seen and can't wait to see it in person. Glad that there is inclusion and hope to see more of it.

insert name here15 days ago

Have we heard about the MK version getting any TLC before the new scene is added?

MansionButler8415 days ago

Feast of Fools (“Topsy Turvy“) would be awesome in PhilharMagic and I’d love to see Donald and Clopin interact. But, it’ll never happen.

MansionButler8415 days ago

That’s because DL gets significantly more Mexican guests.

Touchdown15 days ago

Hunchback has an amazing score, but has too many clunkers (gargoyle song, court of miracles) to make the top ten.

Animaniac93-9815 days ago

DCA also has more Coco stuff during September and October to coincide with the actual Day of the Dead holiday.

sWANNISAX15 days ago

I would agree Hunchback has the most impressive music and score of the 90s.

sWANNISAX15 days ago

I haven't seen the new edit but I did watch philharmagic in dca last week and wow what a difference from wdw. The video is crisp and sharp. In Florida everything is very blurry but not there. The bizarre muppets theater location hurt the show for me though. I will saw more coco stuff in 5 days in Disneyland than I've ever seen in wdw. It definitely resonated more with California guests based on its inclusion here, in the fireworks and all the merchandise. I've barely seen any coco in wdw aside from in Mexico.

UNCgolf15 days ago

Pocahontas is also good, although I don't think it's quite as good as most of the others I mentioned. Hunchback has never been especially impressive to me. Regardless, I was only talking in terms of the quality of each individual song, not in how well incorporated they are to the plot. That's a different discussion for me.

Animaniac93-9815 days ago

Cinderella not only has a good score, but it may have the best selection of unused songs of any Disney animated feature (at least, pre-90s), many demos and rerecordings of them have been released to CD and digital.