New details revealed for EPCOT's new nighttime spectacular Luminous debuting late 2023 at Walt Disney World

Sep 09, 2023 in "Luminous the Symphony of Us"

Posted: Saturday September 9, 2023 10:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle today revealed new details on the upcoming nighttime spectacular opening in late 2023 at EPCOT in Walt Disney World.

The new show will be titled Luminous the Symphony of Us and will debut on December 5, 2023.

Vahle said that Luminous will be a "Brand new show filled with fireworks, fountains, lasers, lighting effects. Fabulous Disney music. Luminous is going to touch your heart. And it's going to continue our long tradition of amazing nighttime entertainment EPCOT. I cannot wait for you to see it."

Luminous will replace the current interim show EPCOT Forever.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Henry Mystic2 days ago

Luminous is actually the best night show Disney has EVER done! Genuinely!!!

TheCoasterNerd2 days ago

Update: It was an AMAZING view. I synced the soundtrack up through a speaker (perfectly) and the show was absolutely stunning. Even without fountains, or spotlights, or others, I loved it so so much. I prefer it to HEA (based on videos I've seen, will decide tomorrow) and I far prefer it to Illuminations. What an amazing show.

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

The spot would be the bridge between the gateway and boardwalk But to be fair…I don’t know what the angles are on the latest temporary show? It may have a higher elevation now?

TheCoasterNerd4 days ago

It's where I was recommended by other members of the forums and some irl friends. It may not be a "fireworks spot" but the photos I've seen look good and it appears to be the best place to watch from outside the park

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

That’s not a “fireworks spot” Look out toward the water from anywhere and you’ll see it

TheCoasterNerd4 days ago

Omg sweeeet... this and the photo someone sent before looks like a great spot. Thank you!!!

TheCoasterNerd4 days ago

Yes, but a dock is probably... outside the building... I've never been, so I was just asking where it was

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

You know it’s all one building, right?

trainplane34 days ago

Never watched fireworks from there but I'd assume it's a pretty solid view:

TheCoasterNerd4 days ago

Ahhh I see now thank you!!

trainplane34 days ago

I'd assume the Friendship dock. There's also a dock right next to it on the zig zag portion too that could work but might be blocked by the lighthouse.

TheCoasterNerd4 days ago

Hi, can anyone tell me where this is? We can't do Beaches and Cream but we're eating at Ale and Compass. Where is yacht and beach lighthouse dock? I can't seem to find it on the map

Starship8245 days ago

It reminded me of the part during Epcot Forever during "Celebrate the future hand in hand" makes me think only added to that part of Luminous because of leftover Epcot Forever pyro.

gerarar5 days ago

That pyro effect is so reminiscent of the beginning of the old Peace On Earth holiday tag.