Disney's Hollywood Studios is the first park to hit capacity for Disney Park Pass availability

Jun 22, 2020 in "Disney's Hollywood Studios"

Posted: Monday June 22, 2020 2:49pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney's Hollywood Studios is now at capacity for the first two days of its reopening.

Disney Park Pass reservations began earlier today, open to Disney Resort guests only, and by 2:15pm Disney's Hollywood Studios reached capacity for both July 15 and July 16 2020.

Currently, all other dates and parks have full availability, although reservations are continuing, and on Friday will be joined by Disney Annual Passholders.

Disney has previously said that it expects people to have difficulty in obtaining reservations on some days, and that has turned out to be correct.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is perhaps viewed as the hot ticket now, with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway recently opened. The compact nature of the park would also likely give it the smallest distanced capacity of the four Walt Disney World theme parks.

DCBaker3 days ago

And here's the replenishment for Resort/Ticket guests - Before/After

Cre8iveN8ive3 days ago

With the recent update to the system, it appears that it doesn’t recognize when a park reservation has already been made and allows for a duplicate park reservation. Original park reservations were made prior to the system update where you now have to select whether or not you have a resort reservation or not. Went in to adjust and make some new park reservations and it’s allowing park reservations to be made on the same date as the existing reservations are on but for different parks. (Yes, the reservations are for the same individuals in MDE on the same date. Only difference is the system update that occurred around the time APs were introduced. Additionally, our APs are not new.)

VelocityRaptor3 days ago

That’s so weird. I tried on my laptop and my phone and still showing no availability. My fiancé also checked and it’s showing nothing

DCBaker3 days ago

FL resident Platinum.

VelocityRaptor3 days ago

What type pass do you have?

DCBaker3 days ago

That's odd. I just tried and it shows availability and allowed me to book a reservation on the 2nd at Epcot.

VelocityRaptor3 days ago

I agree I’ve noticed it off many times before.

CaptainAmerica3 days ago

I don't think the availability calendar is quite real time.

VelocityRaptor3 days ago

When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?

CaptainAmerica3 days ago

Wait wait wait wait wait. I was assured that Disney was going to deliberately manipulate the AP Park Pass availability in a grand conspiracy to keep them locked out of the gates in favor of higher-paying guests.

DCBaker3 days ago

Park Reservations in October have been replenished for APs in all parks/dates except October 1st.

CaptainAmerica3 days ago

Interesting survey out there on the interwebs.

CaptainAmerica20 days ago

The latter. Technically, MK could be "full" at 2pm too, in which case they wouldn't let you hop, but I don't think that has actually happened even once yet.

ThatMouse20 days ago

So, I'm trying to understand Park Pass before I get a season pass. If there are no reservations available for MK, does that mean you can't go to MK that day, or does it mean you have to pick another park, check-in, and then wait until 2pm to go to MK?