CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza construction update from EPCOT

Jun 22, 2022 in "CommuniCore Hall"

CommuniCore Hall construction - June 16 2022
Posted: Wednesday June 22, 2022 7:27am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Early work on CommuniCore Hall and CommuniCore Plaza continues at EPCOT and we have a look at the area in this quick update.

Ground work and laying utilities is mostly all we can see so far.

CommuniCore Hall, a multi-use facility, and CommuniCore Plaza, an outdoor event space, will bring the park’s international festivals to the center of EPCOT. CommuniCore Plaza will have the flexibility to host intimate musical performances that extend out into the nearby gardens.

CommuniCore Hall will be a flexible exhibition and gallery space, offering a wide variety of experiences that highlight art, live music, food – complete with a demonstration kitchen – and more.

Disney says that the new CommuniCore Hall is "inspired by the original EPCOT aesthetic apparent throughout the park’s transformation, including the timeless triangular geometry most prominently featured in Spaceship Earth."

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Bocabear5 hours ago

The surviving half of Communicore looks good. It's a little generic modern but acceptable ...I think what bothered me most about that remodel was the total lack of anything whimsical or exciting visually... but it is fine... now, starting from scratch and purpose-building a new Meet and Greet facility....If that is what the new Meet & Greet backdrops look like, yikes. I guess I am also judging it from the promotional video they just released and should wait until I see it in person....but could they have really built beautiful backdrops and just released the film of the wall between the bathroom doors to fake everyone out? I mean, I want to believe that because that would mean they may have really done something great.....

Rhinocerous9 hours ago

Can't risk pressure washing anymore, after the ground lighting fiasco. The building might come down.

aladdin200710 hours ago

Yeah not impressed either, but then Im not impressed with anything they are doing at epcot and quite frankly I think all of it is a mess, now Morocco is added to the list.

ToTBellHop12 hours ago

At least Mickey doesn't smell like vodka. Goofy, on the other hand...

Magicart8715 hours ago

It's pretty bad when Disney can't top local shopping mall Santa

Bocabear16 hours ago

with all the charm of a shopping center temporary set...I was expecting to see some beautifully done dimensional settings and backdrops in this purpose-built meet and greet facility....instead of the cheap looking usual graphics.

drew8117 hours ago

Standard Mickey, Minnie and Goofy just speaks "immersive" experience. Epcot and WDW going all out for this new location.

wdwmagic17 hours ago

Cast previews of Mickey and Friends I would guess, especially following last night's look inside.

Horizonsfan17 hours ago

A “special event” appears to be happening at Communicore Hall this morning.

ToTBellHop18 hours ago

I have no idea. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on this, but it’s been 6 months. This is entirely unacceptable.

pigglewiggle18 hours ago

I don't understand. Why aren't they even attempting to fix it? Is some kind of work happening behind the scenes that we may just not know about?

Cmdr_Crimson19 hours ago

Not unless they shift him to Mickey's former Magic Eye Theater Spot..They are so desperate to keep the Disney+ 3d Snooze Fest open when they can just bring back HISTA..

Moth1 day ago

Less ride more Imageworks/general construction/minor tech updates.

Haymarket20081 day ago

Oh? Might this have to do with an Imagination overhaul? Rumors aside, I’m shocked Figment isn’t being prominently featured in the new CommuniCore lineup. I know he has his own pavilion, but still.