Construction update from CommuniCore Hall and Plaza at EPCOT

May 13, 2024 in "CommuniCore Hall"

CommuniCore Hall construction - May 2 2024
Posted: Monday May 13, 2024 11:07am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

With less than a month to go until the June 10 opening of EPCOT's CommuniCore Hall and Plaza, crews are wrapping up the final details.

Although the area is still behind walls, we can get a good look at the area from the monorail beam passing through World Celebration.

Opening alongside CommiuniCore Plaza from June 10-Sept. 6 will be a new sing-along featuring the beloved songs and story of "Encanto.". This new limited-time show, "¡Celebración Encanto!" runs several times throughout the day and will not only invite you and your family to sing along with some of your favorite songs, but you'll also spot Mirabel and Bruno on the newly opened CommuniCore Plaza stage.

CommuniCore Hall will be home to the iconic EPCOT festivals and other celebrations Disney says it will also be a perfect cool indoor space year-round for you and your family to recharge.

CommuniCore Hall will also be home to an indoor Mickey and Friends character meet and greet.

The surrounding CommuniCore Plaza will feature a garden with space to view entertainment from a covered performance stage and seating for nearby festival food and drink kiosks.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Epcot82Guy15 hours ago

I am looking forward to seeing that ride system in a fully physical environment.

Henry Mystic19 hours ago

You'll definitely appreciate Epic Unicerse’s Monsters ride then.

Epcot82Guy1 day ago

I got to see CommuniCore Hall tonight. And, it's kinda worse than I expected. First off, the band was excellent. They were really working the crowd with huge energy. It didn't make sense. And it was so loud, you could hear it from SSE to the Refreshment Station. And that created a really odd tonal dissonance. But the people at the stage seemed to really enjoy it. The triangles at night are fun. Now CC Hall itself... There are some glaring issues... -the outdoor queue for Mickey and Friends -the placement is very odd. It's kinda symmetrical but kinda not. It's like a crooked picture, and it throws off the circle of the central plantings from several angles. -the stage has a massive screen that cuts it off from the garden. So it is like theater in the round with half the audience cut off. -the back is the same. It has both plants and a ramp that cuts off IMAG. So it's a very, very weird space related to the other parts of the park. -Festival Favorites looks like a 7-11 in person. -the main hall is a joke. It almost looks worse than the original hallway. There is nothing that feels permanent here. It feels like a bus station. Big fail here. -the area on the south is pointless. -the building looks cheap. I don't think this will weather or age very well. -the lights were going off for most of Luminous and then after, which was quite distracting - even from Germany. This is really a fail IMHO. The ideas aren't bad. But the execution is not good at all.

maxairmike1 day ago

I have generally been very positive about the changes to the middle of the park, but having just seen the Communicore Hall area tonight for the first time (which I personally like the exterior design of the building) along with the continued problems with the in-ground lighting, I'm starting to soften on the negative view of the area. The plastic strips covering the in-ground lights along Communicore Hall seem to have not been cleaned from the construction work, that lighting was unsurprisingly not turned on, and combined with the central planter light rings still not working I am just getting tired of waiting for it to look right again. I still love relaxing in the gardens and enjoying the general vibe of the area, but it has some (IMO) big issues barely 6 months into existence.

UNCgolf1 day ago

The first time I rode Forbidden Journey I was fine, but the second time (on a different day) it made me horribly sick. I think it was the combination of the simulator and the Kuka arm movement (which really tosses you around in places; it's not a very pleasant ride). I don't think I'd ride Forbidden Journey again, but I'm okay with that because I wasn't really impressed with it.

Epcot82Guy1 day ago

It's definitely a personal thing. M:S is just fine for me, for example. Big coasters, tea cups, etc. - no problem. GOTG really got me. As do Simpsons and Forbidden Journey over at Universal. There are different force involved in each. GOTG has a somewhat higher risk because you have an odd center of gravity and controlled movement, which the body isn't generally used to experiencing. Brains process the stimuli differently.

DreamfinderGuy1 day ago

The entrance to Soarin’ was placed over the seating area for Food Rocks. If you look over the ledge right at the start of the lightning lane queue you can see mount points still on the floor for the chairs. The actual stage was abandoned until 2016, when it was replaced by a women’s restroom

Cmdr_Crimson1 day ago

At least they didn't make tossing your cookies an Ad like Six Flags did in the late 90's during their "You in or You out?" Campaign..

J45461 day ago

i didnt get sick on GotG at all and im very prone to motion sickness on coasters

HauntedPirate1 day ago

Cosmic Rewind inspires many people... to make sure they know where the nearest trash can is for at least an hour after riding. 🤮 Or else to know what their dosage limit is for Dramamine. So thrilling...

Sirwalterraleigh1 day ago

Food rocks and kitchen cabaret were both the kinda quirky diversions that really give the Disney Parks their distinctive soul Like cranium command, making of me, eo, hista They lose something when they “cleverly” take these out for whizz bang replacements that take forever, can’t handle people and limit more investment Bob figured it out…a parks shell game That has slowly made the average visitor miserable over time Genius!!

Cmdr_Crimson1 day ago

Just as you enter the queue area is where the original KK/FR theater was. There was a remodeling to the washrooms that removed what was remaining behind the wall a few years ago..

AdventureHasAName1 day ago

I'm not sure it is. I believe a portion of Soarin's queue is where Food Rocks and Kitchen Kaberet used to sit. They could have spent some extra money and kept Food Rocks, but they chose not to. That said, I do like Soarin; it doesn't belong in in The Land, but its a good attraction.

Centauri Space Station1 day ago

How when Soarin is in the exact same location Food rocks was and it was removed for it?