Disney's All-Star Resorts offer value-category lodging with larger-than-life icons representing the best in music, sports and motion pictures. All three All-Star resorts offer uniquely themed pools and food court areas featuring a variety of dining options.
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort features giant icons from favorite Disney movies including “Toy Story,” “101 Dalmatians,” “Fantasia,” “The Mighty Ducks” and “The Love Bug.”
All Star Movies Details
- Opening Date: January 15, 1999 with the Mighty Ducks and 101 Dalmations buildings, March 1 1999 with Fantasia and The Love Bug buildings, and finally April 15 1999 with the Toy Story buildings.
- Construction Began: November 1992
- Acreage: 62 acres
- Resort Area: Animal Kingdom
- Resort Category: Value
- Address: 1991 W. Buena Vista Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
- Phone: (407) 939-7000
- Fax: (407) 939-7111
- Resort Map
All Star Movies Room Information
Number of Rooms: 1,920 rooms in movie themed buildings - 101 Dalmatians, Toy Story, Fantasia, The Mighty Ducks and Herbie: The Love Bug.
Fantasia: Giant sorcerer's hats, spell books, and brooms and buckets decorate the "Fantasia" area of the hotel.
- The Love Bug: Herbie, the famous bug (automobile) is featured at approximately five times his normal size.
- The Mighty Ducks: Giant hockey sticks, goalie nets, and duck-shaped hockey masks.
- 101 Dalmatians: Features canine stars Pongo & Perdita.
- Toy Story: Features toy soldiers climbing on the roofs of buildings and Buzz LIghtyear and Woody
Check In/Check Out: Check in 3:00 PM, check out 11:00 AM
All Star Movies Room Types and Sizes
Standard location - standard views- grounds or parking lot
Preferred location - buildings close to pools and guest facilities. Preferred rooms are located in the Fantasia, 101 Dalmatians and Toy Story Buildings. Rooms accommodate 2-4 people, choice between one king sized or two double beds, non smoking rooms available, irons, ironing boards and in room safe in each room, disabled accessible rooms available. All value resort rooms are 260 square feet and have one sink and mirror.
Dining at All Star Movies
World Premiere Food Court (6am-midnight; pizza delivery 4pm-midnight)
Movie-themed food court featuring a deli-style market and quick-service foods. Offers a bakery, BBQ, market, grill, and pasta.
Silver Screen Spirits (12pm-12am)
Poolside bar featuring cocktails and quick snacks.
Refillable Mugs: Disney Rapid Fill Drink Mugs are sold at Food Courts and Quick Service Restaurants at all Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and can be used at any resort self-service beverage location. The prices of the mugs vary based on Guest preference for number of days for refills. A day consists of one calendar day, and additional days are consecutive. Learn more about Rapid Fill refillable mugs.
Each self-service beverage location offers soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, hot and iced tea.
Recreation at All Star Movies
3 pools - the Mighty Ducks pool (105,000 gallons), Fantasia feature pool (231,610 gallons), and the kids pool (1,200 gallons) - view photos.
Reel fun arcade located in Cinema hall across from the food court, playground located between Toy Story and Fantasia
Shopping at All Star Movies
Gift Shops: Donald's Double Feature (7am-11:30pm)
Transportation at All Star Movies
Bus: Outside Cinema Hall
All Star Movies Trivia
- The sorcerer's hat is 45 feet high and 44 feet in diameter at the base.
- The brooms and buckets are 23 feet wide from bucket to bucket. The top of the broom is 36 feet high.
- The jack-in-the-box is 35 feet tall and Jack himself in 25 feet tall.
- The ballerina is 35 feet high.
The Love Bug buildings
- Herbie, the famous bug is approximately five times his normal size.
- Herbie's tires are 9 feet in diameter and he weighs about 7 tons.
- The pliers are 35 feet tall. The screwdrivers are 36 feet tall.
The Mighty Ducks buildings
- The hockey sticks weigh 2000 pounds each and are 43 feet tall.
- The sticks are made of aluminum and each one was shipped from Rhode Island in two pieces.
- The hockey goals are 31 feet high.
- Each mask is constructed of more than 1200 pounds of plaster and 11,000 pounds of shotcrete.
- There is also a hockey-rink-themed pool
101 Dalmations buildings
- If you count all the dalmatians on these themed buildings, including all the puppies and the large Pongo and Perdita icons, there would be exactly 101 dalmatians
- Pongo and Perdita weigh about 17,000 pounds.
- Pongo stands at approximately 30 feet tall and Perdita is approximately 25 feet tall.
- Pongo and Perdita each required 15 gallons of paint, not including the ottomans on which they sit.
- The Pongo icon was shipped from California in four pieces on two wide load trucks. It took workers two days to put it together.
- Pongo's ottoman is 10 feet high and 12 feet in diameter.
- The fire hydrants are 36 feet tall and have a diameter of 18 feet.
Toy Story buildings
- Buzz Lightyear stands at approximately 47 feet tall
- Woody is approximately 30 feet tall from his waist to his hat as he sits on the ground. Woody's boot is 7 feet tall.
- The Bucket O'Soldiers stairway icon is approximately 27 feet high and 36 feet in diameter.