Need help using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience?
Visit our forum to ask questions and get answers.
Making “How” Guests Experience Disney Parks Even Better: MyMagic+ Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is taking another step forward to evolve “how” guests experience Disney Parks and is using technology to make it easier than ever before for guests to make the most of their Walt Disney World visit. Many of these efforts fall under the umbrella of MyMagic+, which has the ability to connect nearly all aspects of the guest experience and make it better for everyone, at no additional charge.
My Disney Experience
A new website and mobile app called My Disney Experience
provides a one--stop shop for all things Walt Disney World throughout every phase of a guest’s vacation. It will enable guests to:
- Get more information on all Walt Disney World Resort has to offer, from resort hotels and attractions to dining and merchandise.
- Design the overall experience they want, planning as much or as little as they wish.
- Make dining and other reservations and FastPass+ selections.
- Connect with family and friends to coordinate plans and share photos.
The following information is based on current information but is subject to change. Much of the information has not yet been officially confirmed. Last updated February 14 2014.
Disney FastPass+ service
Guests will be able to select FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences through My Disney Experience before they leave home and make changes on the go.
- For the first time, guests will be able to reserve firework and parade viewing areas, shows, Disney Character Greetings and more, in addition to their favorite attractions.
- For guests who don’t know where to start, Disney will recommend FastPicks – a set of three FastPass+ selections that serve as a starting point – and give guests the option to customize their selections.
- Disney FastPass+ service is included with Theme Park admission.
- FastPass+ will replace FASTPASS. Paper based FASTPASS will no longer be available once FastPass+ is fully rolled out.
- For Walt Disney World Resort guests, you will be able to make FastPass+ reservations 60 days out from arrival, plus 10 days, similar to resort reservation dining.
- The guest will select the park and the three preferred experiences. The system will then return up to 4 groups of availability from which to pick - early, mid day, late, or all day.
- Grouping of guests allows one My Disney Experience user to copy the details to others traveling in that party with same FastPass+ reservations.
- FastPass+ allows reservations at one park per day.
- Return policies will be similar to current FASTPASS - must arrive within time window.
- You will be able to modify your selected park until you use your first FastPass+. Once you use the first FastPass+ you can then only modify your remaining FastPass+ reservations at that park, and cannot switch park.
- If you do not have a My Disney Experience account setup you will not be able to use FastPass+. Old non-RFID tickets can be converted but will be tied to a My Disney Experience account. This will make reselling of partially used tickets very difficult.
Worn on the wrist, the colorful MagicBand is an all--in--one device that effortlessly connects all the vacation choices guests make online with My Disney Experience.
- Guests can use their MagicBand to enter their Disney Resort hotel room, buy food and merchandise, and enter Walt Disney World theme parks and water parks. Plus, the MagicBand provides FastPass+ access to all the experiences selected and serves as the connection to Disney's PhotoPass .
- The MagicBand is initially available to select Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products. Other guests will be able to use their standard ticket to access the benefits of MyMagic+, such as making FastPass+ selections on My Disney Experience.
- Colors available will include: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Gray, Purple.
- The bands will be shipped worldwide to the guest within 30 to 10 days of arrival.
- If inside 10 days, the MagicBands will be shipped to the resort.
- If within 5 days of arrival no color choice is available, and gray will be supplied and shipped to resort.
- Any replacement bands will be gray.
- The band is waterproof, but does not float, and is equipped with a 3 year battery.
- Each MagicBand can handle multiple ticket entitlements.
Mobile Lobby Experience
Called 'Mobile Lobby Experience,' the system equips Cast Members with iPads and allows guests to be checked-in from locations other than the front desk. It is being used to quickly check-in guests from curbside or in the lobby area of the hotel. 'Mobile Lobby Experience' has the big advantage of being able to check-in guests very quickly on arrival at the hotel, without the need to join a queue or even find the lobby check-in desk.
MyMagic+ and FastPass+ FAQ (updated February 14 2014)
1. What does 'MyMagic+' provide?
- 'MyMagic+' comprises of 3 main components: My Disney Experience website and smartphone app, FastPass+, and MagicBand RFID bracelet. The MagicBand replaces traditional tickets with a bracelet that is worn on the wrist. MagicBand combines all tickets, allowing room entry, park entry, FastPass+ attraction entry, PHOTOPASS, and room charging.
2. When will 'MyMagic+' be available?
- The system is officially in testing, although it is fully deployed to onsite Walt Disney World hotel guests, and in a limited capacity to offsite guests.
3. How much does 'MyMagic+' cost?
- MyMagic+ is available at no additional cost. The basic MagicBand RFID bracelet can be upgraded to a customized band, for an additional fee. This is only a cosmetic change however, and does not impact the actual experience.
4. Will you have to use 'MyMagic+'?
- No. The system is opt in, and is not required. However, if you do not use 'MyMagic+' you will not be able to use FastPass+.
5. Will Annual Passholders be able to use 'MyMagic+'?
Yes, Disney has said that they will be contacting Annual Passholders to provide them with a MagicBand to take part in the program. It is currently in limited testing with some pass holders who were randomly selected.
- AP holders will have the same FASTPASS+ rules as resort guests, with 60 days out reservations, for one park only per day, and three selections per day.
- Passholders will be able to add a credit card to the MagicBand and RFID card to allow 'touch to pay' charging.
- First replacement band will be free, additional replacements will cost $50.
- The RFID card will still be required for discounts.
6. I'm an Annual Passholder, what is the current situation with FastPass+?
Annual Passholders are currently in three categories.
- Passholders who stayed in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel and were issued a MagicBand can continue to make advance FastPass+ reservations using 'My Disney Experience.'
- Passholders who have been invited into FastPass+ testing during February 2014 can make advance FastPass+ reservations.
- Passholders who are not in the above two groups are treated as a regular off-site guest, and can only make 3, same-day, same-park FastPass+ selections using in park kiosks.
7. Will guests have to use a smartphone to use FastPass+?
No. Guests will be able to use kiosks inside the parks to choose FastPass+ experiences as well as using smartphones or websites. Photos of the FASTPASS+ kiosks
8. Where are the in-park FastPass+ kiosks located?
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Near The Diamond Horseshoe (in Frontierland)
- Near Pete’s Silly Sideshow (in Storybook Circus)
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- Town Square Theater
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
- Expedition Everest
- Outside of Disney Outfitters
- Outside of the service center located at Creature Comforts
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Tip Board
- Guest Relations
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Muppet Vision 3D
- Tower of Terror
- Tip Board
- International Gateway
- Future World East breezeway
- Future World West breezeway
- Mission Space
9. What attractions are available with FastPass+?
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids
Adventurers Outpost meet and greet
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo The Musical
It's Tough to be a Bug
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Rock n Roller Coaster
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Toy Story Mania
The American Idol Experience
Disney Junior Live on Stage
The Great Movie Ride
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
Lights, Motors, Action ! Extreme Stunt Show
Muppet Vision 3D
Voyage of the Little Mermai
Living with the Land
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse
Town Square Theater Princesses
Peter Pan's Flight
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
Enchanted Tales with Belle
it's a small world
Main Street Electrical Parade
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
10. Is legacy FASTPASS being replaced by FastPass+?
Yes. Legacy paper FASTPASS has now been discontinued at the Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
11. Who can use FastPass+?
All guests can now use FastPass+ regardless of where they are staying. However, there are important differences depending on if you are a staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel or not.
- All Walt Disney World Guests can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park.
- Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can make advance FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to their theme park visit.
- Guests not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort using tickets other than an Annual Pass can make three FastPass+ selections each day for one park by using a FastPass kiosk inside the park.
- Annual Passholders taking part in the test and who are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can hold up to seven days of FastPass+ selections during a rolling 60-day window.
- Annual Passholders staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can hold FastPass+ selections for up to seven days or the length of their Walt Disney World Resort hotel stay, whichever is greater.
12. Can I use the 'My Disney Experience' app and website to create, amend and view my FastPass+ selections?
- Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can use 'My Disney Experience' to create, view and edit FastPass+ selections.
- Annual Passholders who are participating in a test can use 'My Disney Experience' to create, view and edit FastPass+ selections.
- Guests staying offsite who are not participating in an Annual Pass test cannot use 'My Disney Experience' to create or edit FastPass+ selections. This must be done at an in park kiosk.
13. What are FastPass+ tier groups?
Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot group attractions into FastPass+ selection tiers.
The attractions are split into two groups, with one selection allowed from group 1 and two selections allowed from group 2. Here is the breakdown.
Epcot Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)
Epcot Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)
Journey into Imagination
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney's Hollywood Studios Tier Group 1 (One selection can be made)
Toy Story Mania
Rock 'n' RollerCoaster
Beauty and the Beast
Disney's Hollywood Studios Tier Group 2 (Two selections can be made)
Great Movie Ride
Tower of Terror
Lights, Motors, Action!
Disney Jr Live on Stage
14. Is the MagicBand bracelet secure?
Yes, just like a normal park ticket, the bracelet just contains a unique ID code. This code identifies guests in the Disney database. No information is stored on the bracelet.
15. Is the MagicBand waterproof?
Yes, you can wear it in the shower, swimming pools and water parks.
16. Will MyMagic+ be available to non-Walt Disney World Resort guests?
Yes. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, and Annual Passholders will receive a MagicBand, as well as those guests who purchase a photography package. Guests who stay at non-Disney hotels will receive an RFID enabled ticket with features of touch to enter the park, touch to redeem FastPass+ and touch to pay. These guests can participate in My Disney Experience and purchase a MagicBand if they wish.
16. Parking with MagicBands
The parking plaza booths will be equipped with RFID touch points to validate parking.
Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs makes the official announcement of the Next Gen 'MyMagic+'
Tom Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, has made the first official announcement of the NextGen initiative 'MyMagic+'. 'MyMagic+' is the combination of several technologies that we have been following over the past year, including FastPass+, the MagicBand RFID wrist strap, and the My Disney Experience website and apps.
Here is the full text from the official Disney Parks Blog as posted on 7 January 2013.
At Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, we continually push the boundaries of creativity and innovation to deliver the best possible experience for our guests. We’re always looking for ways to take what we do and do it even better. Over the past few years, we’ve devoted considerable time and resources to create a more immersive, more seamless and more personal experience for each and every guest who spends time with us. I know there’s been significant speculation about these efforts among our fans, so we’re pleased to give you a glimpse into the work we are doing to take the entire Disney guest experience to the next level.
Some of these initiatives are more apparent and can already be seen by our guests – like our interactive queues at Walt Disney World Resort and the Enchanted Art on our cruise ships – while others are more behind-the-scenes and are focused on “how” visitors plan, access and enjoy their experiences with us. Over the next several months, we’ll be rolling out a collection of tools at the Walt Disney World Resort called MyMagic+ that will give guests more opportunities to customize and personalize their entire visit.
Like most people who visit Walt Disney World Resort, my family and I have our “must-do” attractions, and as the father of three boys, those attractions often end with the word “mountain.” Now, rather than dashing as a group, or even splitting up to gather FastPasses, imagine booking guaranteed ride times for your favorite shows and attractions even before setting foot in the park. With MyMagic+, guests will be able to do that and more, enabling them to spend more time together and creating an experience that’s better for everyone.
A major component of MyMagic+ is the new My Disney Experience website and mobile app, which gives guests planning their trip the latest information on all Walt Disney World Resort has to offer. We know that some people like to plan every aspect of their Disney vacation in advance while others like to plan very little, letting their day unfold spontaneously. No matter where guests fall in that spectrum, My Disney Experience gives them the flexibility to plan as much or as little as they’d like to create the exact Disney experience they want. They can book dining and other experiences and reserve times for their favorite attractions, shows and more through an enhanced FastPass system, FastPass+. Once they arrive, they can use their smart phones to spontaneously change their plans in the moment, exploring our parks at their own pace and getting the most out of their visit.
Linking the entire MyMagic+ experience together is an innovative piece of technology we developed called the MagicBand. Worn on the wrist, it will serve as a guest’s room key, theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, PhotoPass card and optional payment account all rolled into one. We’ve began testing certain aspects of MyMagic+ in Florida last month and the early reactions we’ve gotten have been fantastic.
This collection of tools is another step forward in the ongoing evolution of our guest experience, giving us even more ways to help friends and family create the unforgettable Disney memories that they want most. We’ll be testing, adjusting and adding features to MyMagic+ and My Disney Experience over time and will continue to make improvements based on our guests’ feedback. We look forward to sharing more with you in the months ahead!