Overview: Disney’s “Aladdin,” one of the most beloved and popular motion pictures of all time, inspires this colorful attraction, new from the ground up at the Magic Kingdom. Adventureland makes a fitting home for The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, filled with the wonder of genies, flying carpets, magic lamps and Middle East mystique. First permanent attraction with Aladdin theming at Walt Disney World Resort. Adjacent merchandise area of Agrabah Bazaar and Zanzibar Trading Co.
Attraction Description: Hub-and-spoke attraction with 4-passenger vehicles (16) configured as magic carpets centered by a giant -- and animated -- Genie lamp.
Opening: Early summer 2001
Location: Adventureland, across from Swiss Family Treehouse and beside “The Enchanted Tiki Room -- Under New Management”
- Vehicles are rider-controlled. Guests may fly their magic carpet up, down or pitch forward or backward.
- Whimsical, water-spewing camels “spit” at riders.
- Centerpiece is a giant Genie’s bottle adorned with characters from “Aladdin,” Disney’s 1992 animated film and the 24th all-time domestic grossing film.*
- Music from the animated classic is featured throughout.
- Agrabah Bazaar merchandise area. Atmospheric, stall-filled Middle Eastern open-air marketplace bustling with merchants peddling colorful wares. Across its 1,500 square feet will be everything from vases to brass, spices to clothing. Opens December 2000.