Pirates of the Caribbean
Adventureland, Magic Kingdom
Single Rider Line
Children under age 7 must be accompanied by person age 14+
Must transfer to standard wheelchair, and then to ride vehicle.
Audio Description and Handheld Captioning
On Ride Photo
Dec 15 1973
Pirates of the Caribbean is a slow moving boat ride through 18th Century West Indies, where guests get a closeup encounter with pirates. During the major refurbishment of 2006, Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa were added to the ride.
Facts and Figures
- Opening Date: 15 December 1973
- Ride Duration: 8mins, 30 secs
- Ride System: Water ride using flat bottom boats that are propelled throught the waterways with water currents generated from pumps
- Boat Capacity: 23 guests
- Waterfall drop: 14 ft high, and 52ft long
- Volume of water: 155,000 gallons
- Audio-Animatronics figures: 125
"Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)" - Music by George Bruns, lyrics by X. (Xavier) Atencio
voices many of the pirates in the attraction
Skull and Crossbones (JollyRoger)
- X. (Xavier) Atencio (removed during the 2006 refurbishment)
Pirates of the Caribbean underwent a major refurbishment in 2006.
Details of the refurbishment from the Pirates of the Caribbean news updates