Available on select days during Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival.
Everywhere you look at the Walt Disney World Resort, the trees, shrubs and flowers play a vital role in setting the stage for recreation, entertainment and beauty. Disney landscaping has become a recognized show in itself, providing color and enjoyment throughout the year. This fascinating 3-hour program gives participants the chance to study the various gardens of Epcot World Showcase with one of the experts responsible for helping maintain the horticultural “show."
Your horticultural instructor turns Epcot into a living classroom, using facilities “on stage” to describe the basic process of plant design and how it is incorporated in the landscape for the World Showcase pavilions. In addition, your group learns how they can apply many of these elements of design and theme their home gardens.
Attendees in Gardens of the World will do the following:
- Study the five principles of the Disney horticulture program.
- Examine the role of landscaping at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Discuss ways to adapt the Disney landscaping techniques at home.
- Discover how landscaping helps develop a theme.
- Explore plant materials and gardening techniques in World Showcase.
Details updated 31 July 2014
- Available on select days during Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival.
- Ages 16 and up.
- 3 hours duration.
- $64 (Theme park admission is required.)