Valet parking returns to Walt Disney World Resort hotels

May 01, 2021 in "Walt Disney World Resorts"

Posted: Saturday May 1, 2021 3:30pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Valet parking is returning to Walt Disney World beginning May 1 2021 with Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.

The parking service did not resume when the hotels reopened from the COVID-19 shutdown, but will come to other hotels over the next couple of months, with a tentative timeline as below:

• May 2 - Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • May 2 - Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • May 16 - Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • May 16 - Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • May 30 - Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • May 30 - Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • May 30 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Kidani Village
  • June 7 -  Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Valet service continues to be available for Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Valet service is $33 per night (sales tax included).

castlecake2.016 days ago

The vloggers must already be lining up

jaklgreen24 days ago

I have noticed that every time I book a room, different "requests" come up. Usually nothing that I want. I think they are trying to push rooms that no one wants. LOL I prefer to call and add the request to my reservation when I book the room.

trojanjustin24 days ago

Room service, daily housekeeping, the ability to contact the front desk from your room (Disney sends you to a call center who is often clueless about resort-specific information), useable wifi, TVs that allow streaming, and just an overall more personalized level of service from a staff who remember you after day 1.

castlecake2.024 days ago

What’s some examples of the better service? (Not being snarky, genuinely curious)

mnelson324 days ago

Hope it’s true that not all resort rooms are available yet from October on.

jmp8525 days ago

I think being closer to the amenities is now an upcharge via the "Preferred Room" option. If you read the description for these room types it states "Close to Melody Hall, Dining, Shopping and Transportation." Regarding viewing landscaping versus parking lot, it's really the luck of the draw under the 'Standard Room' selection. You might be able to talk to the front desk about not looking at a parking lot, never hurts to ask.

striker106426 days ago

Yeah, we keep going back and forth for race weekend. Booked POFQ because we've never stayed there, but for the price difference, those Music renovations don't look too bad.

DisneyDreamer0826 days ago

Slightly related to resorts reopening- I booked Music yesterday and the two choices for room requests are ground floor and king bed 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣 What happened to landscape view, close to transportation, specific buildings etc?

trojanjustin26 days ago

Point remains the same. The hotel is far, far, far nicer and provides exponentially better service than POR.

jmp8526 days ago

I'm seeing an average of $353/night for the same nights at JW Marriott.

𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚝𝙰𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎26 days ago

The Magic at the poly alone doubled between 2003 and 2013. Apparently. The price increases have scaled back on a percentage basis a lot in the last few years but the dollar numbers are so high now - a 4% increase on a $750 room is $30!

Texas8426 days ago

Sure, Th-Sat $171, Sun $143, Mon $132.

Tom P.26 days ago

If you don't mind sharing, may I ask what nightly rate you got for Music?