Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World closure begins today

Mar 24, 2020 in "Four Seasons Luxury Resort and Golf Community"

Four Seasons Orlando at Walt Disney World is closing to guests today due to coronavirus.

The resort located near to Disney's Fort Wilderness will be closed March 24 to April 5 2020, pending local health guidance.

Four Seasons joins all of the Walt Disney World owned and operated resort hotels now being closed.

Article Posted: Mar 24, 2020 / 9:17am ET

Jwink44 minutes ago

Thanks. It really doesn’t change my life but I feel so badly for my cousin, her husband, and their daughter. Their daughter considers him her papa and even though she’s not blood related he treats her like his blood granddaughter. My cousin lost her mom last year too. Crazy all around

Touchdown1 hour ago

I’m so sorry

Jwink1 hour ago

Update He went into AFIB overnight 2 nights ago and they had to up his vent to 100% oxygen. this is the end and they are having their withdrawal of care meeting tomorrow. send good thoughts to my cousin and the wife (I’ve only met him once)

JAKECOTCenter1 hour ago

New statement from Dr. Fauci: "If we get 70-85 percent of Americans vaccinated by the end of the summer or middle of the summer, we will be approaching a "degree of normality" by around the fall."

GoofGoof1 hour ago

They basically did that in my county. Teachers are in 1b but they were planning to do them first before 75+ and other essential workers, essentially the first to go after medical workers and nursing homes. Basically roll it out through schools like they did at hospitals for medical workers. They even told the teachers it was likely coming the end of Jan or first week of Feb. Then the CDC and in reaction the state of PA decided to move 65+ and high risk people up and they are now all in 1a with medical and nursing homes. The problem is that in a county of 800,000 people 250,000+ people are now in 1a so being at the front of 1b now means they go in a month or 2 if we are lucky :( I think the recent surge in hospitalizations and deaths is what lead to the change. I saw a projection that we would hit 500K deaths by mid Feb. Hospitalizations finally appear to be going down across the country but were reaching critical levels a lot of places.

Sirwalterraleigh1 hour ago

Question: Why risk any of that nonsense?

Tom P.1 hour ago

It's worth noting that the first shot, by itself, does provide some measure of protection. I've seen estimates of around 50% effectiveness at preventing Covid. Certainly far better than no protection at all. Also, the timing of the second dose does not have to be exact. While the goal is to get it as soon as you hit the time frame (3 weeks for Pfizer, 4 weeks for Moderna), getting it a few weeks after that point does not change the effectiveness. So if you get the first dose and then there's a delay in getting the second dose, it's not the end of the world.

sullivan.kscott2 hours ago

It is a tough call, but I see the argument. We’ve deemed education a critical function of government, and aren’t giving them critical resources to safely function. Perhaps we should make school staff like phase 1a.5, and open up to them prior to opening the gates to other essential workers. It’s a tough call making individual populations “more important” than others, and I wouldn’t want to be the one making the final decision there.

Think Tink2 hours ago

I know in Ohio they are starting school workers on Feb 1. My mom is a school bus driver and is scheduled on the 1st and then her second dose on March 1. They are really pushing to be back onsite by March 1st. I don't see that happening but my local school never shut down even with outbreaks in the schools.

Sirwalterraleigh2 hours ago

Where’s dat?

GoofGoof2 hours ago

I think that’s the case across the board these days. Essential workers are getting sick a lot due to the high levels of community spread. the original CDC list put essential workers ahead of 65-74 and people at higher risk from medical conditions. I believe the shift to move the higher risk groups ahead is based on hospitalizations and deaths. If you vaccinate the higher risk people as quickly as possible that should severely lower the number of hospitalizations and also deaths. It’s a tough call. A 25 year old healthy teacher or grocery store clerk or factory worker who has more exposure from work but is also more likely to have a positive outcome vs a 74 year old who is retired so doesn’t need to go out for work but is high risk for a severe case if they are infected.

Think Tink2 hours ago

I believe once you get it, they have you set to come back for your next dose. My best friend is a Pharmacist and told me if they have any extra doses at the end of a day should would call me to come get one. I'd never want to skip my place in line, but if there are extras that will go to waste, SIGN ME UP! lol

sullivan.kscott2 hours ago

Amen. I find it beyond the pale that we have been clamoring for schools to reopen, and don’t include teachers priority subset. Also shouldn’t be too difficult for the school district to work with their jurisdictions health authority to secure doses and set up a vaccination clinic..

sullivan.kscott2 hours ago

I’d ask your site. They should Follow protocol and allocate your second dose. They may even schedule your second dose while you are there. I’ve seen firsthand that my employer has canceled first doses if supplies are running low, so that second dose recipients retain priority.