Disney's Contemporary Resort refurbishment gets underway with massive scrim in the main tower

Apr 14, 2021 in "Disney's Contemporary Resort"

Contemporary Resort refurbishment - April 2021
Posted: Wednesday April 14, 2021 11:37am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

A major refurbishment of Disney's Contemporary Resort at Walt Disney World is now underway with the installation of a massive constructions scrim in the main tower.

The constructions scrim covers the entirety of one side of the tower, from the top to bottom level.

The same can be found on the Chef Mickey's side.

Outside in the parking lot is a staging area, with trailers and material containers.

Disney expects all of the resort's amenities to remain open during the work, but room availability will obviously be limited.

No official announcement has been made about the changes to the rooms, but we expect to see a major renovation of the guest rooms, with a complete interior replacement. It is also expected that some of the rooms will take design cues from the Incredibles movie characters, in a similar way to how Moana has been introduced into Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

UNCgolf2 days ago

Just take down the walls!

castlecake2.02 days ago

I wish the Grand Canyon Concourse was also getting a refresh, I don’t think it can get any worse than what it looks like right now.

Bleed0range2 days ago

As someone who loves the art of the Incredibles, I don’t find the mid century modern type design all that bad of a fit. I personally kind of like it.

GimpYancIent8 days ago

Maybe its the lighting but it looks really bland and sad.

The_Jobu17 days ago

For anyone like me that had no idea what the Napa Room was, you can click here. I really hope the Bobs got a "best day ever!" cookie at the end of their meal. What percentage tip do you think the CEO of the company would leave to his own employee?

wdwmagic17 days ago

For anyone interested in the current look of the lobby, here is a walk-thorugh https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-contemporary-resort/gallery/05jul2021-contemporary-resort-lobby-overview--july-2021.htm

networkpro17 days ago

Funny how no one brings up its obvious similarities to the City of Domes from Logans Run and its constant mantra of Renew!

castlecake2.017 days ago

Returning to the scene of the hideous room design crime?

nbar17 days ago

That will be nice, I haven't been up there for a breakfast/brunch in years. While not totally Contemporary related. I can confirm that Bob and Bob C are dining at the Cali Grill right now in the Napa Room.

Rteetz17 days ago

CA Grill will be adding breakfast beginning 7/18 while the Wave is down.

Rambozo18 days ago

LOL, what a coincidence. My dad used to call The Contemporary Resort "The Prison". That's before he saw that they have hot towels in the restrooms though.

castlecake2.022 days ago

I’m actually surprised they didn’t move the wave to one of the ballrooms during this or even to California Grill for breakfast service. It’s interesting that they’re ok with not having a standard table service at the resort for so long. They could definitely use a second bar somewhere too, just not sure where as they’re also moving the lobby to level 2 for renos

Poseidon Quest22 days ago

The Polynesian quite literally had two bars within the upper lobby, so I'm skeptical.