Official calendars now show Walt Disney World theme parks closed through May 2

Apr 08, 2020 in "The Walt Disney Company"

Disney has started to notify guests with Walt Disney World dining and FastPass+ reservations in May 2020 of cancellations.

Currently, the official calendar shows the parks now closed through May 2 2020 (previously end of April), and those with reservations during that time are being notified of cancellations. We have also heard from guests later in the month receiving cancellations - up to May 5.

Walt Disney World Resort hotels and theme parks are currently closed until further notice. Disney recently began accepting hotel reservations for June 1, which appears to offer some indication of when Disney hopes to resume some type of operations in Florida.

Article Posted: Apr 08, 2020 / 2:28pm ET

Sirwalterraleigh7 minutes ago

Disney can wait...not sure about the bigger players though. Not without substantial bailout help...and unfortunately they don’t really deserve it.

sullivan.kscott12 minutes ago

Probably not at this point. Might as well wait it out. At least for the adults/12+/16+ (whatever the authorized age ends up being). Even at that point, the amount of people on board below that age threshold is pretty low as a % even on Disney, greatly reducing the risk of an outbreak.

Sirwalterraleigh25 minutes ago

I’ll help you out here: “Every hoaxer was wrong...every...single...one”

BrianLo35 minutes ago

I'm going out on a limb that the cruise industry can't resume until they can ask for proof of vaccination (and have their crew vaccinated). Or near to it. I still expect at least one more delay, maybe with half-hearted attempts to resume May 1 or real attempts July 1.

DisneyDebRob47 minutes ago

After reading your post I thought immediately of one of my favorite concert DVD’s from the Talking Heads..”Stop Making Sense”.

MisterPenguin53 minutes ago

Hey. Remember when people belittled catching COVID because you need a certain imagined viral load and you're probably not going to reach that threshold regularly? Now, that may be true, but the 'novel' in the 'novel coronavirus' meant no one could know yet what the viral load is needed to get infected. Well, anyway.... if positivity and number of cases is spiking everywhere, then your chance of hitting that viral load threshold (whatever it is) has just increased. Be outside in a crowd of 100 people and not worry if one person has COVID? Sure, take that risk. Now, would you take that risk if 12 of them had COVID? The number of times one gets exposed -- because more and more are infected -- the more likely you get it. That's why a "mask all the time" policy is necessary. Viral load is doubling, tripling, quadrupling...

DisneyDebRob1 hour ago

I have to admit that over the last 8-9 months I have been enjoying my space. When someone is within 10 feet I’m giving them the eye. 🙂 Little exaggeration there but you know what I mean I would not mind that at all. Just me and the shrubbery folks(Monty Python) floating around the place.

Sirwalterraleigh1 hour ago

You mean if they both looked like that when only custodial/horticulture is trolling around in the middle of the night??

DisneyDebRob1 hour ago

Ok, now I would go.

Sirwalterraleigh1 hour ago

I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that people HAVE to disagree In my years swimming the “ocean” of internet disfandom...I’ve often noticed common ground and changes to people and their takes over the years. It’s a sign of maturity/wisdom...more ears and less vocal cords often works.

Sirwalterraleigh1 hour ago

I assume it means: 1. Don’t go into spaces in crowds unprotected. 2. Avoid places with crowds that aren’t necessary to be in.

DisneyCane1 hour ago

You're welcome! Maybe things are going to get better in the world. First, I had several agreements with @GoofGoof yesterday and now today we've had a cordial exchange! :) Anybody that has read a lot of my posts would certainly conclude that on their own. I wanted to be up front and clear for anybody who hasn't since I was commenting that not very many Trump supporters would actually refuse a vaccine out of spite over an election result.

DisneyDebRob1 hour ago

It’s coming.. just wait a few seconds.

DisneyDebRob1 hour ago

No need to tell us to buckle up. I’ve been in restraints the last 4 years that puts RoR restraints to shame.