More days reach capacity for resort guests using Disney Parks Pass

Jun 24, 2020 in "MyMagic+"

The new Walt Disney World theme park reservation system Disney Parks Pass is well into its third day, and more dates have reached capacity for resort hotel guests.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is at capacity for July 12 and 14, and Disney's Hollywood Studios for July 15, 16, 17, 18 2020. The Magic Kingdom and EPCOT has full availability still.

Disney Parks Pass opens to Annual Passholders on Friday, but it isn't clear yet if capacity has been reserved for passholders, or if the at capacity days for resort guests will also apply to passholders.

Article Posted: Jun 24, 2020 / 2:15pm ET

DCBaker6 days ago

March/April replenishment for Ticket/Resort Guests Before - After - APs also have some more availability this weekend - Before/After 534794

DCBaker12 days ago

Park Passes for APs were just replenished - Before - After -

jinx840212 days ago

They just opened up reservations to mid Jan 2023. Assuming you have valid tickets for the time you want to go, you can make reservations that far out.

tallica13 days ago

Exactly that is why it is here to stay, until they can track data a new and stealthier way.

nickys13 days ago

I suspect this is simply to drive more people to book their park tickets now for 2022 Packages are on sale for the first half of 2022. So people will now start booking. By having the reservation system in place still Disney hope the thinking will be “oh, we better get those tickets so we can book the parks in case they book out”. Result - more money now instead of people waiting until just before tickets are needed for fastpasses, for example. Pre Covid a lot of people would wait and buy tickets a few days before their 60 day mark. This is trying to get the cash now.

techgeek13 days ago

It’s hard to imagine they would ever shut down such a valuable source of forecasting data now that they have it and have trained their guests to provide it. I have my doubts Genie will ever deliver the experience advertised, much like the historical flaws with MyMagic / FP+... at least on the guest facing side. Those spreadsheets making the decisions these days need lots of inputs though, so I would expect the trend to be for more data, never less.

Judi828195013 days ago

How far in advance can you book your park tickets? We're not going until '22 but I will probably book our hotel at least a year in advance. So, if I book my hotel say, August 2021 for Aug. 2022 can I book the park tickets too?

wedenterprises13 days ago

Are park reservations the foundation for the Genie app?

pdude8113 days ago

It's useful for deciding whether or not to increase park hours in the future once masks are gone. But I think they can do much of that with dated tickets and hotel reservations. So hopefully this ends when social distancing and masks are no longer necessary.

djkidkaz13 days ago

I think there is one reason Disney would keep the park pass system once mask wearing and all that is gone. The system does provide details on park attendance and can be used for staffing purposes to cut or increase the labor for a specific day if you see something coming up. I still don’t think it’s necessary though as they are very good at knowing what their attendance is going to be even without this system in place. It just seems like an unnecessary additional barrier for people to come to the parks. You want it to be as simple for someone to get up and go where they want to go on Disney property to spend that money.

HarperRose13 days ago

My use of the word 'customer' in my previous post was deliberate. People are no longer guests at Disney. They are a means to an end.

Sirwalterraleigh13 days ago

Praetorians

Sirwalterraleigh13 days ago

Woah...history foul, Mono The last “downturn” and the only one of this regime...was the housing glut and I give them full credit. They rolled permanent prices increases out simultaneously with temporary discounts. Like a “middle class tax cut” It was a sham, but a brilliant management strategy/coup. Lest we forget: the boards were all about “free dining” from 08-12 (and beyond)...but when called out, people realized their costs were going up 15 or 20% each year. That’s a hell of a “standard inflation”...free food was never quite so expensive. This is nothing like 9/11 (i did play with Disney money then)...the conditions were different, the circumstances were different, and the philosophy was different.

HarperRose13 days ago

I'm talking more of the people who defend Disney no matter what they do. Some people will twist themselves into knots defending how this is good for the customer and why Disney had to do it ('it' being whatever negative change/cost increase/benefit loss).