Big price cut to Disney World's Genie+ as the busy Thanksgiving week comes to an end

Nov 27, 2022 in "Disney Genie"

Posted: Sunday November 27, 2022 8:01am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Guests who are planning to buy Genie+ at Walt Disney World today are in for a pleasant surprise as the cost of the ride reservation system falls by more than $10.

Today's price is $17 per guest, down from the previous record high of $29 that has been in place for the last week.

The reduction to $17 still does not reach the previous record low of $15, perhaps never to be seen again.

Expect to see Genie+ rise again over the coming weeks and to the high of $29 during the peak week around Christmas Day to New Year's Day.

Jrb197913 days ago

No there isn't. You can say that for a lot of the attractions that are on Genie+. Outside of the top rides in each park Genie+ is rarely needed.

pdude8113 days ago

Pre-pandemic, yes.

MrMichaelJames13 days ago

Is there ever a wait for this? Every time we have gone to see Ariel it has been very quick.

matt911213 days ago

If they allowed prepaying for it it would all be booked whenever that window opened. It would be the same but I guess not while your on vacation? Also would favor Uber camando planners at the expense of people who are more flexible. The current system I feel like is the best middle ground. Those super planners can plan around extended evening hours for example to not even need to worry.

drizgirl15 days ago

Which I'm sure played at least a small part in getting something else added, even if just a M/G. Looks like Genie+ is $18 today. I'm kind of surprised they didn't jack it up higher.

GhostHost100015 days ago

and splash mountain to be removed soon :(

cranbiz26 days ago

Wouldn't surprise me. Disney has a history of this. There are very few inhouse IT CM's.

Jrb197927 days ago

Not likely. FP+ is dead and buried. Advanced booking is a thing of the past. Zigzagging across the park is here to stay.

GhostHost100027 days ago

Ok the 2 nighttime shows are going away and one being replaced by the previous better one, how much longer until FP+ returns? Asking for a friend

MagicHappens197127 days ago

I don’t know about replacing, but I know there are currently new IT people that are contracted

tanc27 days ago

I don't know if there's much to back up the claim, but I heard Disney apparently was replacing IT workers with contractors. Apparently they are contracted for 18 months and sort of explain some unmagical things about Genie.

nickys30 days ago

Having now experienced it I’m even more in agreement with you on this. I personally loved FP+, and used it to get far more than the 3 initial rides on some (not all) days. That said I made G+ work. We agreed the night before what our priorities were and I worked out what order we should book them in. Some days I relied on waking up which meant it was 7:30 or so before booking the first one. That was fine though because we are later park-goers. Other days I did have an alarm set to get certain rides (ILL or G+). We often booked a G+ and pushed it later until it suited us. Just occasionally we missed that chance and the time would jump from say noon to 6pm. I set an alarm for the next booking time if we were stacking, otherwise we booked in the queue after tapping in or on the way out of a ride. And whilst I preferred FP+ personally, I also recognise that for guests staying offsite or who booked last minute, FP+ was a less beneficial experience than it was for onsite, early booking guests.

DCBaker30 days ago

The price for Genie+ has dropped back down to $17 today.