One-third of Walt Disney World park guests are upgrading to Disney Genie+ according to Bob Chapek

Nov 10, 2021 in "Disney Genie"

Posted: Wednesday November 10, 2021 4:$6pm ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

In an earnings call this afternoon, Disney CEO Bob Chapek commented on the roll-out of Disney Genie at Walt Disney World.

According to Chapek, "The majority of Genie and Genie+ users said it improved their overall park experience with nearly one third of park guests upgrading to Genie+."

This is the first official comment on sales for Disney Genie+ since the service launched in early October 2021.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

C33Mom1 minute ago

Tom Bricker responded to a commenter on his blog this week to the effect of “you’ll be happy with the upcoming changes” (paraphrasing)— have any of the experts on this board predicted what will be changing and/or when it’s likely to happen? I was hoping it would be before of Feb 2024 trip and now I’m just praying it’s before our holiday trip.

Purduevian2 days ago

In the words of Rihanna "I'm friends with the monster". I am again saying for me personally the systems works very well, and I get more out of my Disney World trip. I know my experience is not that of the average park goer. So, some of us were actually worse off with the old FP system vs FP+ and even G+. If Disney chooses to change the system, I will adapt again to maximize its use within the rules.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

…needs of the many…over the few

Purduevian2 days ago

I will push back on that again. The majority of people were better off with paper FP or standby only. Not "all" of us were better off under the old systems. I've broken down my days here before, and there is no way some of those could have happened in the old paper fast pass days even if all standby lines were cut significantly.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

When you break out the habits/patterns that came about…especially the weaknesses exposed…we were all better off with paper fastpass So was Disney

Purduevian2 days ago

Sorry I guess we were talking about different things. I agree FP+ and G+ do not work logistically/operationally from the parks perspective. I was saying for an individual G+ and FP+ did/does work.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

From a logistics/operation standpoint…neither ever worked. Bad looks all around

Purduevian2 days ago

It did work for some, just like G+ works for some. My "worst" Disney trip was in October of 2021 a few days/weeks before G+ launched and everything was standby... I don't think I would have come back if they didn't implement something I could afford.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

Great…but it still didn’t work

easyrowrdw2 days ago

FP+ worked great for us. Before Covid, my kids didn't know what it was like to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

Neither work…the proof are the restrictions put into place in plain view It’s a numbers problem

easyrowrdw2 days ago

I still don't think it's a good as FP+ (or at least it's not as effective for my family), but it has worked better for us than when it first started. But they really need to get rid of the one ride limit. It sucks. We've never used Genie+ at Epcot though. Maybe we would if we could use it repeatedly at Test Track lol This can be pretty stressful indeed. Thankfully, I've found the CMs to be pretty forgiving on return times.

GhostHost10002 days ago

Lucky you.

Sirwalterraleigh2 days ago

Buying genie is very contrary to your persona