Individual Lightning Lane price drops alongside lower Genie+ cost at Walt Disney World

Apr 08, 2024 in "Disney Genie"

Posted: Monday April 8, 2024 7:20am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney Genie+ service continues to decrease in price as the Easter season ends.

Today, Individual Lightning Lane pricing has dropped for the first time in more than two weeks.

• AVATAR Flight of Passage $14 (was $12)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind $15 (was $17)
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train $11 (was $12)
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance $22 (was $25)
  • TRON Lightcycle Run $20 (unchanged)

Additionally, Disney Genie+ has dropped further, with the prices just a few dollars above minimum levels.

Multi-Park Genie+ $27
2024 Max $39, Min $23

Magic Kingdom Genie+ $27
2024 Max $39, Min $23

Disney's Animal Kingdom Genie+ $17
2024 Max $29, Min $15

Disney's Hollywood Studios Genie+ $24
2024 Max $35, Min $21

EPCOT Genie+ $19
2024 Max $32, Min $17

Disney Genie+ is a purchase option within the Disney Genie service that makes the former FastPass line available at select attractions, now called Lightning Lane. Certain headline attractions are not part of Genie+, and Lightning Lane access at those attractions requires an Individual Attraction purchase which varies in price.

Learn more about Disney Genie from our recent articles, including a Disney Genie FAQ, current Genie+ Pricing, and Genie discussion on the WDWMAGIC Forums.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Fido Chuckwagon6 hours ago

If they are going back to 3 prebooks that makes sense. Basically it’s just the old FP+ system but you pay for it now. I don’t see how they could possibly allow 3 prebooks plus stacking, there’s just not enough capacity.

George8 hours ago

There’s a thread I could pull on, but before I do that - do any of our esteemed magic colleagues know guest satisfaction numbers with regards to genie, genie plus, and ILL?

HauntedPirate2 days ago

I still think the best option is to... Junk the entire system.

pigglewiggle2 days ago

Maybe that will be part of new pre-booking that was supposed to happen this year I thought.

JD802 days ago

That just sounds like old FP+. IF you scheduled your third FP at 60 days for 8pm, you could never refresh. Honestly it's a good way to do it and it's easier to understand. Assuming they give you 3 to book. If it's just 1, it'll deter people from booking a LL and banking it for later in the day. So inventory at 7am won't immediately sell out because people have to determine the value prop of whether booking an E ticket for later in the day and getting no use out of the system is more valuable than using it actively during the day. It becomes an ILL at that point. If that happens you'll have top tier attractions available later in the day for people buying the system. Would be q clever way of creating more inventory.

UNCgolf2 days ago

That would significantly devalue the system and probably result in a ton of GR complaints ("I paid $25 and was only able to use it for one ride at 8 PM!").

RSoxNo12 days ago

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm getting it 3rd hand from someone I don't know. That individual is claiming that you no longer get a reset after 2 hours and you have to burn that pass before getting another one? That means you could be locked up all day if true.

Fido Chuckwagon3 days ago

8 day hotel reservation cancellation window starts in 2025. That’s my guess.

nickys3 days ago

They’ll want the DAS changes to settle down first. Fall maybe, but that’s is just a guess.

stepjune283 days ago

Has anyone heard anything recently about when possible changes will be coming to Genie+ ?

Purduevian12 days ago

Used the new tip to help out someone doing a ride challenge on May the Fourth. Helped her a few times: 8am Pan (park open). Booked at 7:01am 8:45am Jungle cruise. Booked at 8:01am 3:45pm TT. Booked at 1:45pm (They didn't redeem, in case one of us could score something better) 2:40pm RAT. Booked at 1:47pm I did quite a bit of refreshing for those last 2, but just shows it is possible. Does anyone have a list of when LL's drop for various attractions?

Purduevian23 days ago

Learned a new G+ tip the other day and I thought I would share. If you are refreshing looking for a better time on a single ride... Don't pull down to refresh then click the ride once you see a better time come up. Often times you will be too slow and someone else will have gotten that better time. Instead of refreshing that main page, simply click the ride on whatever time it does to move on to the confirmation screen. The time will automatically shift to the latest time available (which might be different that the tip board screen). If it is not the time you want, click back and do it again. This way if you see a time, you are holding that time as soon as you see it.

allgiggles24 days ago

I've seen many people say they don't like having to be on their phone all day. I didn't experience that. I'd book a LL, set an alarm for a few minutes before the next booking time, and then put my phone away. Lather, rinse, repeat. I don't remember spending more than about 5 (*maybe* 10) minutes on my phone every time I was scheduling another LL. My husband spent *way* more time than that on his phone and he didn't schedule *any* LLs. It was no worse than it was with FP+. And it sure beats having to walk to the ride you wanted to ride to get a FP for it or walking to a kiosk and standing in line to schedule a FP+ before you could do it on the app. I'd venture to guess that I spent more time in the FP/FP+ kiosk days walking back and forth across the parks to get the rides we wanted compared to the amount of time I was on my phone for G+. At least I can parallel process when using my phone -- doing the scheduling while eating a snack or meal or while standing in line somewhere.

GhostHost100024 days ago

Well I’ve had decent luck using it as well after learning the tricks but I spend an enormous time on my phone all day playing the game which I don’t like