Disney Genie+ rises to a new record high price alongside the official opening of TRON Lightcycle Run at Walt Disney World

Apr 04, 2023 in "Disney Genie"

Posted: Tuesday April 4, 2023 5:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World has increased in price today to $35 per person, a new record high and a $6 increase over the previous record high of $29.

The price increase comes as Magic Kingdom opens its latest ride, TRON Lightcycle Run. TRON is not included in Genie+ and is only available via n Attraction Purchase at $20.

The ride reservation service was launched at $15 until Disney introduced a variable pricing model for Genie+ towards the end of 2022. Now guests only know the price of Genie+ on the day of their park visit.

Disney Genie+ is a purchase option within the Disney Genie service that makes the former FastPass line available at select attractions, now called Lightning Lane. Certain headline attractions are not part of Genie+, and Lightning Lane access at those attractions requires an Individual Attraction purchase which varies in price.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

Fido Chuckwagon1 day ago

Correct.

Purduevian1 day ago

Correct, basically I'm assuming they will give 2-3 preselects and only 1 of those can be in the top "tier". Part of the issue is that with ILL, now each Tier 1 attraction is not actually the top of each park anymore. Just a guess (no inside information) Park ILL(s) Tier 1s Best of the Rest MK Tron/7D Tiana, Pan, JC, maybe Space Thunder, Pirates, HM EPCOT Guardians Remy, Frozen, maybe TT SSE, Soarin, MS DHS RotR Slinky, MMRR, maybe ToT or MFSR RnRC, TSMM, Alien AK FOP Navi, Everest, maybe Safari Dinosaur, Kali, FotLK

bwr8271 day ago

What does ‘tiers in all parks’ mean? Is that like the old system where you couldn’t preselect only the top rides?

nickys1 day ago

What had been suggested towards the end of last year included: - Some preselects (hence the 8 day cancellation change) - Tiers in all parks Earlier this year it was said the changes had been postponed to allow the DAS changes to happen first. Of course that has left plenty of time for further changes in the mean time. Edited to fill in details.

C33Mom1 day ago

Tom Bricker responded to a commenter on his blog this week to the effect of “you’ll be happy with the upcoming changes” (paraphrasing)— have any of the experts on this board predicted what will be changing and/or when it’s likely to happen? I was hoping it would be before of Feb 2024 trip and now I’m just praying it’s before our holiday trip.

Purduevian4 days ago

In the words of Rihanna "I'm friends with the monster". I am again saying for me personally the systems works very well, and I get more out of my Disney World trip. I know my experience is not that of the average park goer. So, some of us were actually worse off with the old FP system vs FP+ and even G+. If Disney chooses to change the system, I will adapt again to maximize its use within the rules.

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

…needs of the many…over the few

Purduevian4 days ago

I will push back on that again. The majority of people were better off with paper FP or standby only. Not "all" of us were better off under the old systems. I've broken down my days here before, and there is no way some of those could have happened in the old paper fast pass days even if all standby lines were cut significantly.

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

When you break out the habits/patterns that came about…especially the weaknesses exposed…we were all better off with paper fastpass So was Disney

Purduevian4 days ago

Sorry I guess we were talking about different things. I agree FP+ and G+ do not work logistically/operationally from the parks perspective. I was saying for an individual G+ and FP+ did/does work.

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

From a logistics/operation standpoint…neither ever worked. Bad looks all around

Purduevian4 days ago

It did work for some, just like G+ works for some. My "worst" Disney trip was in October of 2021 a few days/weeks before G+ launched and everything was standby... I don't think I would have come back if they didn't implement something I could afford.

Sirwalterraleigh4 days ago

Great…but it still didn’t work

easyrowrdw4 days ago

FP+ worked great for us. Before Covid, my kids didn't know what it was like to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride.