New Space Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Jul 15, 2017 in "Space 220 Restaurant"

Space Restaurant concept art
Posted: Sunday July 16, 2017 7:38pm EDT by WDWMAGIC Staff

The Space theme is about to expand at Epcot's Future World, with the addition of a new "out-of-this-world" dining experience.

The restaurant, which will be located adjacent to the park’s Mission: SPACE attraction, will invite guests to travel into space for amazing dining experiences in the stars. Walt Disney Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald shared a first look at the restaurant during the Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts presentation at D23 Expo 2017.

“We know our guests love dining at Epcot – and the restaurants really are out of this world,” Tom said. “Now we’re about to create one that takes that literally.”

The new space restaurant will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group. Patina Restaurant Group operates several other restaurants at Walt Disney World including Tutto Italia and Via Napoli at Epcot and Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs.

Unused land between Mission: SPACE and Test Track will be the location of the restaurant, which continues to leave the Wonders of Life pavilion available for future projects.

Cmdr_Crimson18 minutes ago

I'm just sayin..But, does anyone just want this back on the other side of the park seems just like a waste to not see it back here where there using it for a restaurant..

Jeffxz2 hours ago

When reservations open tomorrow, will it be possible to reserve online or will you need to call in?

MansionButler842 days ago

The food there has improved greatly there in recent years.

ChrisFL2 days ago

I've heard that's the advantage of San Angel Inn where you don't really want to see what your food looks like :p

begood5242 days ago

I was hoping there would be references to the ISTC or Mission: SPACE in the restaurant somewhere but after seeing the video those hopes have been dashed. Still looks cool though!

Sir_Cliff2 days ago

To me it looks pretty similar to the concept art. Lighter, I guess, but it's a little hard to tell what the in-person effect is from photos. You also don't want to be eating in the dark, however atmospheric that might be. I would be among those who would go to the lounge for an over-priced cocktail or two, but probably not to eat as there are still options in World Showcase that interest me more.

MansionButler842 days ago

Exactly. Should be easy to book!

ChrisFL2 days ago

Anyone who is saying negative things without being there...keep it up! I want less people trying to go when I want to eat there

TikibirdLand2 days ago

I dunno. On the site that shall not be named, they have a panoramic photo of the restaurant. It looks very close to the concept art. But, yeah, that space elevator has that Mission to Mars vibe going on.

sedati2 days ago

Like a true Disney "fan," repeat what you know, begrudge what you don't.

britain2 days ago

I like how this is an homage to Mission to Mars, Space Station X-1, and Coral Reef all rolled into an addition rather than a replacement.

Figments Friend2 days ago

Looks kinda nice to me. I like the 'darker' look compared to the 'blue glow' from the concept art. Interested to expereince this in person. Sept. 20th is going to be a absolute bloodbath online when reservations open up. I'll be there....with a couple of buckets. -

GimpYancIent2 days ago

A Emergency Airlock leading to escape pods. Give me a break. Emergency Exit signes are supposed to be visible and there is a lot of glass hence, yep, reflection.

lazyboy97o2 days ago

The main center view across multiple windows is not “certain angles”. It’s also something that did not have to happen.