New walkway between Tomorrowland and Storybook Circus opens to all guests at Magic Kingdom

Mar 21, 2023 in "Tron Lightcycle Run rollercoaster"

Tommorowland to Storybook Circus walkway via TRON Lightcycle Run
Posted: Tuesday March 21, 2023 11:00am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

The new walkway built as part of TRON Lightcycle Run is now open to all guests at Magic Kingdom.

With TRON Lightcycle Run now in soft opening, Disney has removed the rolling bushes alongside Tomorrowland Launch Bay and allows all guests to enter the area around the TRON marquee. Even guests without a virtual queue or Lightning Lane reservation can access the Energy Bytes snack kiosk and take the walkway to Storybook Circus.

The new walkway is a convenient shortcut to move between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland in less than a minute and offers some great views of the outdoor section of the ride.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

RoadiJeff9 days ago

Yes, same with me. Even with taking a Dramamene before the ride I still got motion sickness. Same thing happened with GotG the next day. My body occasionally reminds me that I'm not 25 anymore. Both of those rides were a one and done for me. Kind of a shame since I got really good at the VQ microsecond timing to get a low number bg. I loved the competition doing that, my body apparently just doesn't love those types of rides

RoysCabin9 days ago

Think this ride taught me that A - Don't risk rides like this on an empty stomach, and B - Motion sickness (especially when combined with hunger) gets worse as you start pushing 40 Ride kicked my butt, but it was really well done, and having it by Space Mountain to balance crowds somewhat ala how Thunder and Splash are supposed to do the same on the other side of the park is a good move.

tissandtully19 days ago

It happens, rides break down.

Sirwalterraleigh19 days ago

In a bit surprised it waited this long to start breaking down

DCBaker19 days ago

Looks to be up and running now - groups started being called around 1:25pm.

gerarar19 days ago

Small thread bump, but thought this was worthy enough. Tron has not opened yet for the day (2/4), even passed the 1pm drop today. This is the worst day operationally for the ride (there's not that many) since it opened last April. Retracting this statement. Sept 24, 2023 had 370 mins of downtime June 12, 2023 had 392 mins of downtime So Feb 4, 2024 is just one the rare days with 240+ mins of downtime. What makes it unique is the long delayed opening.

CorylancasterSep 06, 2023

Not going until the second week of Oct. So still a few weeks out, but trying to get the decisions out of the way. I plan on watching the threads continuously until we get on the plane 😂

gerararSep 06, 2023

Are you going anytime soon? The virtual queue has been pretty good in the mornings recently (and especially in the afternoon 1pm drops). I recommend to always try for the VQ then if you dont like you BG, can always purchase ILL later. If your BG is less than 30, you should have a pretty short wait in the first 2 hours of the park opening. Last 7 days: Including today (9/6):

CorylancasterSep 06, 2023

Whats the average time you spend in line for tron once your boarding group has been called for the VQ vs time in line for ILL? Trying to plan out if it would be better to pay for the ILL at 7am vs trying to get in the VQ at 7am

cjkeatingSep 06, 2023

I don't think their was any hype for Iron after most people had watched the Shanghai videos. Personally I preferred Tron as it felt more physical/real whereas GOTF disappointed me as I just felt like I was watching a movie on a 4D chair.

James AlucobondSep 06, 2023

Wish they'd do, like, a much taller set of billboards with lattice underneath and lighting that mimics the lamps in other areas of Storybook Circus to help block the TRON show building. Something like the below image, but on a larger relative scale.

WaltsTreasureChestSep 06, 2023

The thing is that the train looks better as the new replacement and I’m glad the tron one is gone, get that ugly tron poster out from the train, yeah?

Sir_CliffSep 06, 2023