TRON Lightcycle Run to operate limited hours during the soft opening period

Mar 20, 2023 in "Tron Lightcycle Run rollercoaster"

TRON Lightcycle Run overview
Posted: Monday March 20, 2023 5:45am ET by WDWMAGIC Staff

TRON Lightcycle Run begins its soft open period today at Magic Kingdom ahead of the official opening on April 4 2023.

Guests wishing to experience TRON must secure a spot in the virtual queue, or make an Individual Lightning Lane purchase. No standby line will be available.

According to the latest operating hours calendar, TRON Lightcycle Run will only operate from 9am to 6pm today, March 20.

The limited operating hours will make obtaining it more difficult to obtain a boarding group in the virtual queue or make a Lightning Lane purchase.

No operating hours have yet been published for dates beyond March 20, so it remains to be seen if the hours will be extended for later dates.

Get Walt Disney World News Delivered to Your Inbox

RoadiJeff13 days ago

Yes, same with me. Even with taking a Dramamene before the ride I still got motion sickness. Same thing happened with GotG the next day. My body occasionally reminds me that I'm not 25 anymore. Both of those rides were a one and done for me. Kind of a shame since I got really good at the VQ microsecond timing to get a low number bg. I loved the competition doing that, my body apparently just doesn't love those types of rides

RoysCabin14 days ago

Think this ride taught me that A - Don't risk rides like this on an empty stomach, and B - Motion sickness (especially when combined with hunger) gets worse as you start pushing 40 Ride kicked my butt, but it was really well done, and having it by Space Mountain to balance crowds somewhat ala how Thunder and Splash are supposed to do the same on the other side of the park is a good move.

tissandtully24 days ago

It happens, rides break down.

Sirwalterraleigh24 days ago

In a bit surprised it waited this long to start breaking down

DCBaker24 days ago

Looks to be up and running now - groups started being called around 1:25pm.

gerarar24 days ago

Small thread bump, but thought this was worthy enough. Tron has not opened yet for the day (2/4), even passed the 1pm drop today. This is the worst day operationally for the ride (there's not that many) since it opened last April. Retracting this statement. Sept 24, 2023 had 370 mins of downtime June 12, 2023 had 392 mins of downtime So Feb 4, 2024 is just one the rare days with 240+ mins of downtime. What makes it unique is the long delayed opening.

CorylancasterSep 06, 2023

Not going until the second week of Oct. So still a few weeks out, but trying to get the decisions out of the way. I plan on watching the threads continuously until we get on the plane 😂

gerararSep 06, 2023

Are you going anytime soon? The virtual queue has been pretty good in the mornings recently (and especially in the afternoon 1pm drops). I recommend to always try for the VQ then if you dont like you BG, can always purchase ILL later. If your BG is less than 30, you should have a pretty short wait in the first 2 hours of the park opening. Last 7 days: Including today (9/6):

CorylancasterSep 06, 2023

Whats the average time you spend in line for tron once your boarding group has been called for the VQ vs time in line for ILL? Trying to plan out if it would be better to pay for the ILL at 7am vs trying to get in the VQ at 7am

cjkeatingSep 06, 2023

I don't think their was any hype for Iron after most people had watched the Shanghai videos. Personally I preferred Tron as it felt more physical/real whereas GOTF disappointed me as I just felt like I was watching a movie on a 4D chair.

James AlucobondSep 06, 2023

Wish they'd do, like, a much taller set of billboards with lattice underneath and lighting that mimics the lamps in other areas of Storybook Circus to help block the TRON show building. Something like the below image, but on a larger relative scale.

WaltsTreasureChestSep 06, 2023

The thing is that the train looks better as the new replacement and I’m glad the tron one is gone, get that ugly tron poster out from the train, yeah?

Sir_CliffSep 06, 2023